• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bark Silencer

ricky racer

Here is something that I've been wanting to make for years but never got it done. I didn't realize that anyone marketed such a product but now I own one! Even though I haven't had a chance to use it yet I know it will be in my backpack on every hunt next year. I was looking on the 3 Rivers website and ran across the Bark Silencer by Stealth Outdoors (the makers of Stealth Strips) on sale for nearly 75% off!! I picked up my Bark Silencer for $9.99!! The Bark Silencer comes in two sizes but 3 Rivers is only offering it in the small size (which is the size I wanted anyway). My guess is they are discontinuing the product and are out of the large size.
All of us know how much noise is created when you brush up against tree bark even with quiet clothing. I like to set up in multi trunk trees when hunting because I feel they offer more me additional cover over a single trunk tree. However, at times I can bump into or slide by the additional trunk while maneuvering and make more noise than I'd like. Simply adding this to the trunk in the area where I am likely to brush should eliminate any noise. That's my thought anyway.
The Bark Silencer comes with several plastic clips to facilitate hanging accessories if needed. I'll probably remove them to make the unit pack down smaller. There are Mollie loops on the bottom (or top depending on how you attach it) of the Silencer on the front side that can be used to attach items as well. Overall the quality seems first rate and of course the service from 3 Rivers is the best.

https://www.3riversarchery.com/bark-silencerreg.html

barksilencer-small1.jpg

Last edited:
Bark Silencer is very nice to have especially on those loose bark pine trees. I found last season it works especially good for saddle hunting when I put my knees against the tree. My knee pads are pretty quiet but the Bark Silencer takes it down to complete silence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link. I have one shagbark hickory that drives me nuts and it's well worth 10 bucks to see if I can quiet it down!!

I’ve got one of these that started out as a sample sent to Three Rivers- I never really used it much for its intended purpose, but it makes an awesome cover to wrap up your extra clothes for the walk into your hunting spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bark Silencer is very nice to have especially on those loose bark pine trees. I found last season it works especially good for saddle hunting when I put my knees against the tree. My knee pads are pretty quiet but the Bark Silencer takes it down to complete silence.

That is a great idea at knee level. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back