• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bass fishing guides near St. Augustine FL

ofor

Looking for recommendations for a good bass fishing guide to take my son and I out for some giant Florida bass that call the St. John’s river, Rodman Reservoir, Lake George or Lake Monroe home.

We are thinking about heading to FL in late March or early April for a few days.

There are good fish in those areas u mentioned but most of the bigger fish I hear about are further south... Stick marsh and farm 13 produce big 1s. If it were me I'd be looking to saltwater if ur going out of st augustine. I've never used a guide so can't help u there. Inshore for reds and trout and u really can catch anything offshore...

If u like history and avoid the tourist stuff u can spend a couple days just sight seeing in St Augustine. It's not everyday u can go walk inside a building built in 1723...or walk a military fort from 1695 that 4 different armies have controlled and touch the spot on the wall where a cannon ball hit

@Weldabeast I’m sure we will see the sights while we are there too. Any restaurant recommendations?

The Spanish bakery on St George street is pretty neat...I used to take field trips in school there to watch them bake bread and prepare food the1700's way. There used to be a women there and she made sweet potato turnovers and they were so delicious..she died and they just aren't the same

Most are kinda pricey for me so can't really help u there ..

Mostly agree with @Weldabeast. I live here and in trout creek off the river, there’s bass but you won’t get into them heavy right here. Rodman is good, don’t have a guide to recommend, and like he said down around stick marsh.

St Augustine is full of good food, lots of private owned, not as many chain restaurants.

Catch 27
Obie’s filling station
Caps
Aunt Kate’s
Beaches
Gas restaurant
The press
Columbia
Osteens
OC whites
Woodpeckers BBQ
Neds southside kitchen
Drakes deli

There’s a few you can look up, different types of food, have fun. And I know some inshore and offshore charters if you want that info

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fort matanzas is another neat thing to see....u can either park on the beach side and take a ferry to the fort or (better option IMO) is to go to matanzas wma entrance and drive thru the forest and hike the rest of the way to the fort...permethrin and waterproof shoes required. As ur driving thru the forest try and imagine hunting it...then u get an idea of what we gotta deal with :oops:

Anastasia island will have sea turtles nesting at that time of year.

Princess palace preserve is really cool too.

There is really a lot so see

We had a great trip to St. Augustine. Wednesday was the guided trip on Rodman Reservoir with floridatrophybass.com. Our guide Brice Rush did a great job putting us on an active morning bite and some good fish. Lost count of how many fish made it into the boat once we hit 20. My son had the biggest of the day at 7lbs.

We also kayaked and fished Anastasia State Park and saw dolphins, lots of cool birds and some turtles.

Had good food at Obi’s Fillin Station, Suzies Diner, and Playa Chacmool.
2888E963-92F2-405C-A2D6-FAE50194F7DA.jpeg770CC8A8-8CDE-45D2-AF15-903860F13D88.jpeg9C180C77-FB43-4788-93D5-3EBF3A1B22E8.jpeg

Back