• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beal jammy damaged?

backstrap19

Is this normal? This jammy is about a month old, got it from danO. I noticed the bare spot while hunting tonight. I just pulled it out to look at it after i got home. Is this something that i should be concerned about? It does make me nervous. It appeared right where it bends around the carabiner. Has anyone else seen this? Our lives do kind of depend on the cords, so i was concerned to see this on a jammy that isnt very old.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-26-20-55-19.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-26-20-55-19.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_2019-10-26-20-55-09.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-26-20-55-09.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
I had this happen to me as well. I posted a thread about it. I couldn’t find an email in English to contact Beal with. I stopped using the Beal jammy and instead had one of our rope rescue guys at work make me up a handful of prussic’s out of 5mm Bluewater. I just don’t trust Beals quality control anymore.

Weird, looks like the core burped out through the sheath. Was the sheath loose? Perhaps too much load on the opposite side.

it seemed like the pressure of hanging by it forced the sheath apart slightly. that opened the door for the core to escape

I've never seen or heard of that happening but it's not normal, I would get rid of it. Your life and safety is worth more than $15...

Back