• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast stick mini w EWO ult platform

jerwin1776

EWO states that they do Not recommend using the ultimate platform and attaching it to a beast mini stick with the lightning holes. Does anyone know why they do not recommend this?

Reason I ask is that I have a set of three beast mini sticks with the lightening holes in them, I’m thinking about dipping my feet into the waters of one sticking. Rather than buying a whole new one stick set up I’d rather just retrofit one of my beast sticks that I already own and put an EWO ultimate platform on top of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had wondered that as well. I figured it was either that the lightening holes would interfere with where the mounting points needed to be for the platform, or since the platform will provide more leverage on the sides and front due to being wider than the stock step, it could increase the risk of the stick bending. There have been many reports of those sticks bending, at least on the 24" models. Not sure about the minis.

I've purchased several Beast sticks recently, and this was a big reason I went with the no-hole version. Plus they were cheaper. Didn't seem worth it to only trim off an ounce or two.

I too wondered the same. I believe it just said not to use it with beast sticks with holes, so I figured there wasn’t area to mount it without the holes interfering?

So I asked the folks over at EWO and as it turns out the beast stick w the lightening holes will have a tendency to buckle due to the torsion exerted on the stick w an EWO UP. So yeah, prolly not a good idea w the holy model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back