• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast Stick Rod w/o Stand

aaronmill13

I’m about to pick up a set of beast sticks, but I’m not using a beast stand. I just want the attachment rod to keep the sticks together. If I’m going to have 3 sticks, should I still order the 3 stick rod or should I order the 2 stick rod since I’m taking the stand out of the equation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a video on using beast sticks on a .5
May help out someway with your decision.
you can’t go wrong with beast sticks at all.
I am not a huge fan of the beast stand though.
Beast stick bowtie

That’s pretty slick how those stack that way! I never would’ve imagined they’d go together like that. Thanks for the video!

That’s pretty slick how those stack that way! I never would’ve imagined they’d go together like that. Thanks for the video!

No problem. Ive tried about everything.
this seems to be packing the best.
my friend @Jhand actually showed me this method.
alot better than stacking those suckers on top of each other.

I have beast sticks and to use the threaded rod to hold them together. I had 4 sticks but now only use 3. The rod should come with another hand knob to screw in to the rod. If you use 4 sticks, you want to get a rod that fits 4 sticks. There’s no differences for the rod when using the beast stand or not.

I also don’t strap my sticks to a stand if I’m using a stand. I’ll either strap them to my pack and then carry the stand sideways with a buckle strap on the side of the stand slung over my shoulder, or if I’m saddle hunting I’ll strap the platform to my pack and then use the same buckle sling deal on the stack of sticks and then just carry the stack of sticks slung over my shoulder. Seems to work the best for me as far as I’ve found so far.

I have beast sticks and to use the threaded rod to hold them together. I had 4 sticks but now only use 3. The rod should come with another hand knob to screw in to the rod. If you use 4 sticks, you want to get a rod that fits 4 sticks. There’s no differences for the rod when using the beast stand or not.

I also don’t strap my sticks to a stand if I’m using a stand. I’ll either strap them to my pack and then carry the stand sideways with a buckle strap on the side of the stand slung over my shoulder, or if I’m saddle hunting I’ll strap the platform to my pack and then use the same buckle sling deal on the stack of sticks and then just carry the stack of sticks slung over my shoulder. Seems to work the best for me as far as I’ve found so far.
Ive done the same thing to. I own one of the old stick slings that lone wolf used to sell.
it was great for keeping sticks together and carrying them over your shoulder

Ive done the same thing to. I own one of the old stick slings that lone wolf used to sell.
it was great for keeping sticks together and carrying them over your shoulder
Sounds handy for sure. I had a cheap bow sling from camofire that broke and just took the two buckle ends and put a new webbing strap in between them. Nothing special but works awesome for slinging the sticks, tree stand or bow.

What kind of sling do you use for the stand? I’m trying to find a good way to be able to wear my backpack with sticks attached then carry the stand without interfering with my pack.

What kind of sling do you use for the stand? I’m trying to find a good way to be able to wear my backpack with sticks attached then carry the stand without interfering with my pack.
There’s a cheap bow sling they sell on camofire.com sometimes. It’s like $7 or so. Eventually the pad on it tears itself apart, but the buckles on it are pretty nice. So I took those buckles off of it and then just got some utility webbing from Walmart and put that onto the ends and basically rebuilt the sling. Then I just hook the sling up to whatever I need to carry and walk with it like a gym duffel bag or whatever. Sometimes it’s the tree stand, sometimes it’s the sticks or bow. I even use it at the tree then on a custom dump pouch I have for my buckle straps.

The nice thing about carrying it like this is the 9.5 lb Helo feels more like 4.5 lbs or so. You just hold it with your free hand and can guide it through thick brush etc. It’s not a big tennis racket on your back trying to get snagged on everything. With my pack and sticks on my back, the stand stays well away from that stuff and doesn’t hit. And you’re kind of guiding it with your free hand anyway.

Attachments

• 567EB969-875C-4D71-BC0B-7F0E7C63DE45.jpeg
    567EB969-875C-4D71-BC0B-7F0E7C63DE45.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • D05BB264-6DBD-440F-9E0A-2B5563062C4A.jpeg
    D05BB264-6DBD-440F-9E0A-2B5563062C4A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 5B325DC9-6BD5-4528-94D1-E03937F7B295.jpeg
    5B325DC9-6BD5-4528-94D1-E03937F7B295.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 214BF368-6274-40EE-BB88-E0A3EC0719BF.jpeg
    214BF368-6274-40EE-BB88-E0A3EC0719BF.jpeg
    790.8 KB · Views: 21
There’s a cheap bow sling they sell on camofire.com sometimes. It’s like $7 or so. Eventually the pad on it tears itself apart, but the buckles on it are pretty nice. So I took those buckles off of it and then just got some utility webbing from Walmart and put that onto the ends and basically rebuilt the sling. Then I just hook the sling up to whatever I need to carry and walk with it like a gym duffel bag or whatever. Sometimes it’s the tree stand, sometimes it’s the sticks or bow. I even use it at the tree then on a custom dump pouch I have for my buckle straps.

The nice thing about carrying it like this is the 9.5 lb Helo feels more like 4.5 lbs or so. You just hold it with your free hand and can guide it through thick brush etc. It’s not a big tennis racket on your back trying to get snagged on everything. With my pack and sticks on my back, the stand stays well away from that stuff and doesn’t hit. And you’re kind of guiding it with your free hand anyway.
Thanks for the reply! That is exactly what I’m looking for! I like how it keeps you from having to stack the sticks on the stand as that I where I usually make the most noise.

Thanks for the reply! That is exactly what I’m looking for! I like how it keeps you from having to stack the sticks on the stand as that I where I usually make the most noise.
You’re welcome! Yeah I’ve never been a fan of carrying a stand on my back let alone the sticks attached to it. For whatever reason, carrying the stand like this with sticks on the pack/back, while it is heavier, is still in some aspects just like carrying my saddle setup for me. Obviously there’s the weight difference but it feels more comfortable overall for me and just reminds me of carrying the saddle setup.

I’m about to pick up a set of beast sticks, but I’m not using a beast stand. I just want the attachment rod to keep the sticks together. If I’m going to have 3 sticks, should I still order the 3 stick rod or should I order the 2 stick rod since I’m taking the stand out of the equation?

I have beast sticks and just use 2 nite ize gear ties to keep them together. Just wrap one on each side of the stack. Works great and quiet.

You’re welcome! Yeah I’ve never been a fan of carrying a stand on my back let alone the sticks attached to it. For whatever reason, carrying the stand like this with sticks on the pack/back, while it is heavier, is still in some aspects just like carrying my saddle setup for me. Obviously there’s the weight difference but it feels more comfortable overall for me and just reminds me of carrying the saddle setup.
Just got my bow sling in today and modified it to fit the stand. Carried the stand around the yard on the sling and It is very comfortable. Feels way lighter with pack and sticks on my back and the stand slung to one side. I really don’t know why I didn’t try this sooner. Thanks again!

Just got my bow sling in today and modified it to fit the stand. Carried the stand around the yard on the sling and It is very comfortable. Feels way lighter with pack and sticks on my back and the stand slung to one side. I really don’t know why I didn’t try this sooner. Thanks again!
Awesome! Glad to hear it’s working for you. I did it the first time just out of necessity because I was in a hurry and noticed how easy it was. Then just kept doing it from there and never looked back. You’re welcome!

Back