• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Because “Safety”

Patriot

There are 2 kinds of SHs who read this…. Those who have this move down pat already, and those who are about to learn this move and be grateful….

Gentleman, we are addicts, we have to try and therefore BUY everything. Then we must buy stuff to mod the stuff we bought….

Perfect example of our addiction is the fact that we have broken Tethrd’s internets this morning bc of their Black Friday deal.

But like many addictions it is hard work trying to hide this from the wife and also keep ensuring that they enable our addiction, this addiction is expensive.

So what is your go to move to encourage enabling behavior from your spouse? Well mine is…. “Because safety”. My wife has no clue how this works other than it involves climbing and hanging from trees. So I have learned I can justify anything with “because safety”. Here are some real life examples of how I use this move….

- babe my saddle is 5 years old so I’m gonna get this new one called the lockdown on Black Friday to save us some money while also increasing my safety! You may not know this but this these saddles wear out over time (no they don’t) so I need a new one because of safety!

- hun I’m getting these Tethrd sticks bc my hawk heliums kicked out on me today and I fell 3 feet, it scared the poop out of me and these tethrds sticks are way safer, also could you rub my back I hurt it when I fell

- so babe the new thing we are doing that is WAY safer is repelling, I’m hooked to the tree the entire time… WAAAAAY safer than using a linesman belt, so I’m gonna buy a mad rock and 40 foot of rope… AND a roll pouch… AND a tactical water pouch bc I hated the roll pouch, AND a drop pouch bc I hated the water bottle pouch, and a delta link, and a thing that keeps my girth hitch from falling down… and three dog leashes to retrieve my rope, why dog leashes babe? Oh bc I want to save money making my own Doyle’s but I didn’t save any money at all bc it took me two tries to get the mod right and “one is none” so I made a backup to my DIY Doyle’s! Backup safety baby!!

I need these things BECAUSE SAFETY, you understand we must be broke because of this, you wouldn’t want me to be unsafe.

What is your go to move? I think she’s starting to not care if I’m safe hahahahahh

Last edited:
I’ve always looked at it like this:

Money is useless if we don’t spend it, that’s why I work so my family can enjoy the fruits of labor! That being said so many times we as men want to buy all those new gidgets and gadgets to hunt or fish with and when our women spend what we consider too much on their stuff we gripe or say we can’t afford that right now! I don’t hide my purchases from my wife and she doesn’t hide hers from me! One thing I always thought was terribly inconsiderate of Men is when they want to buy and take hunting trips, we always manage to come up with the extra, then tell our better half not right now honey we just don’t have the extra!!!!! That’s just down right selfish!!! I’ve always told mine, if our bills are paid, you want it, buy it and I do the same! Been married since I was 16 years old to the same woman, going on 28 years of marriage now! We have always treated each other like we want to be treated. Just my two cents worth fellows, God Bless!

No worries until she says you don't need that you'll be fine. At that point better check the brakes on your car, check to see who the life insurance beneficiaries are and for how much. If there's a "big bump" in coverage, well nice knowing you

I’ve always looked at it like this:

Money is useless if we don’t spend it, that’s why I work so my family can enjoy the fruits of labor! That being said so many times we as men want to buy all those new gidgets and gadgets to hunt or fish with and when our women spend what we consider too much on their stuff we gripe or say we can’t afford that right now! I don’t hide my purchases from my wife and she doesn’t hide hers from me! One thing I always thought was terribly inconsiderate of Men is when they want to buy and take hunting trips, we always manage to come up with the extra, then tell our better half not right now honey we just don’t have the extra!!!!! That’s just down right selfish!!! I’ve always told mine, if our bills are paid, you want it, buy it and I do the same! Been married since I was 16 years old to the same woman, going on 28 years of marriage now! We have always treated each other like we want to be treated. Just my two cents worth fellows, God Bless!
This^^^ she pays hers and I pay mine. Neither of us are very frugal but we don’t worry about each other’s purchases. So long as the bills get paid and BTW-we keep our accounts separate …….works for us!

Back