• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Been a long minute

TheYote

I’m finally able to get my saddle out and started practicing. The season has been open a few days. I’ve been busy with work. I’m confused as my memory draws a blank. My kestrel came with three ropes I believe, please correct me if I’m wrong. A lineman’s rope m, a teacher and a bridge. But I’m only finding two ropes. One I know was used as a lineman’s rope and the other I’m confused as to whether I used it as a tether or bridge. Or do you use your lineman’s rope as a tether once at hinting height. Sorry for the confusion. I’m just as confused myself on this. It may infect have only came with two ropes. I can’t remember at this point.

You're missing a rope. Your kestrel would have come with three ropes: linesman, tether and bridge. The bridge is tied in on one side so I'm guessing you didn't lose that one. It doesn't have any prussic knots on it if that helps. The linesman and tether would both have prussic knots.

It didn’t come with any of the ropes tied to the loops. Maybe this is something new they are doing now? I have a few ropes laying around. I’m just trying to figure out what is what lol

Yeah that’s odd, I’ve always known the kestrel in stock form ( or complete kit) shipped with the bridge attached ( tied to the left bridge loop) & a fusion auto locking carabiner for the right side( bridge loop. LB should also be attached & bridge is loose. You probably have a tether misplaced somewhere.......

It didn’t come with any of the ropes tied to the loops. Maybe this is something new they are doing now? I have a few ropes laying around. I’m just trying to figure out what is what lol
As I recall when I got my flex, both the bridge and the linesman belt came attached on the left side. The tether was loose. As @NDH said the tether and the linesman belt have prusik knots with carabiners on them.

Post a pic of what you have.
Aerohunter will be glad to hear you out regardless of how long ago the purchase was. Worth a call.

That's odd, post a pic of what you have. Something seems off. Also, there a numerous pics online of the kestrel setup to compare too.

Back