• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Benefits of a 1 piece saddle system

The tethet goes in the same pocket everytime and the bridge folds under the saddle in elastic loops for travel .1000000009.jpg1000000092.jpgthen the bridge automaticly pulls out when attaching your tether to the tree.without even thinking about it .leaving no doughts or worries of mistake

Solid setup for sure. I've seen this on multiple threads and it looks like you have the most simple and efficient system I can imagine.

One question though, why do you use carabiners for the girth hitch to the tree?

What's the name of the hotch that you are using for a bridge to tether connection? Is it the same hitch you are using on the foot loop?

Well
...Why wouldnt i?because the rope will break before the carabiner.plain and simple.and its in petzles websight for expertsView attachment 102154View attachment 102155View attachment 102156

Test on choked carabiner as anchorage. / Giorgio Fiori
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this though - what does it add to have the carabiner if the rope is still the weakest part of the system? Is there an additional benefit with the carabiner on the girth hitch for 2TC?

I'm just building my own 2TC system, which is why I am asking this.

Yes .its a quick connect that allows me to run a 1 peice system and it keeps the carabiner off of my bridge and against the tree and away from all other equipment that coud clang on it.with the elastick break stop it stays in place when you set it and take your weight off of it.sence i need to tie a knot for my hitch anyways i just tie it around the bridge to make a 1 peice system so there is no point in having the carabiner there.i dont care for quick links they are heavy and slow.its just the way i have always done it.im not worried about my rope or carabiner breaking.logicaly i am far more likely to die at work or in traffic.

Last edited:
Back