• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bent Muddy Pro

mike7tcu

May 27, 2020
So I was going over my sticks and tightening all the bolts. I just noticed that my bottom stick (the only one I run a aider on)is bent. I use this stick a lot more than the others because I use it to hang and check trail cams. Do you guys think this could be from added torque from using the aider? Has anyone else had this happen? 712454C9-EF4A-4A0A-9F77-16D60B9C3715.jpeg05A11C5F-BEAD-4CC5-BCBC-29F256F7DE41.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Pooh and Hunter260

bj139

Jun 13, 2019
SE PA
Why is that hole in the side of the stick at the cam buckle. Did the manufacturer do that? That is why it bent there. All supporting aluminum on that side has been removed. Unbelievable.

Recurveaholic

Dec 23, 2018
Why is that hole in the side of the stick at the cam buckle. Did the manufacturer do that? That is why it bent there. All supporting aluminum on that side has been removed. Unbelievable.
They come like that, it is where the knot of the rope is idk why they cut the hole so big!!

mike7tcu

May 27, 2020
That’s how they come.

mike7tcu

May 27, 2020
Was it a one step aider or what?
One step with tubular webbing and a water knot. I had it off to tighten the bolt in the picture. I actually checked a camera tonight and I think it might be flexing when I’m putting it on small trees to check cameras. Smaller than what your ever hunt out of 3-4 inches.

Recurveaholic

Dec 23, 2018
One step with tubular webbing and a water knot. I had it off to tighten the bolt in the picture. I actually checked a camera tonight and I think it might be flexing when I’m putting it on small trees to check cameras. Smaller than what your ever hunt out of 3-4 inches.
Gotcha that could definitely be the case! Thanks for the heads up!!! Be safe brother!!!

EricS

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Dec 14, 2016
Georgia
I would think it came from grabbing the top step and pulling away from the tree when climbing up. Like you would do if you hung the stick just a little higher than you should.

Reactions: Jay_Disarray

mike7tcu

May 27, 2020
I would think it came from grabbing the top step and pulling away from the tree when climbing up. Like you would do if you hung the stick just a little higher than you should.
Very possible and was my first thought. I do think it’s because I’ve been repetitively putting it on small tree that it doesn’t completely get tight. When it slips it’s putting a ton of force on the cam buckle section of the stick.