• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best boots for saddle hunting foot fatigue

sgjager

Looking for goos boots for saddle hunting to lesson foot fatigue. I am basically a leaner and use small perch mounted on my top stick

1- Hybrid.

2- Ankles at 135*, knees at 135*, hips at 135*.

3 - whatever boot/sock/platform/cushion combination gets you the lowest psi pressure on the bottoms of your feet. Ain’t gonna change this all that much, it kinda is what it is.

I am surprised this has gone 45minutes without someone chiming in with Crocs!
My son said his buys were uncomfortable this past weekend. Problem solved. Wear his rubber boots to the base of tree. Switch to the crocs when it’s time to get vertical.

711A5B1B-C4CC-4B4A-B14F-2F3F563D5D1B.jpeg
Of coursethere are downsides to everything. He dropped his thermacell on two hunts and his ankles are eat up by mosquitoes. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t hunt in crocs. Just means you should hold onto your thermacell.

I second Lowa boots. Love mine. Get a decent insole and you’re good to good. Also happy with my merrels.

+1 for stiff soles. I use my Schnees Beartooths that are a 2 flex. Feet feel so much better after hunting than when I use my rubber boots or anything else.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I agree - stiff soles are better. I use my usual rubber boots and put superfeet green insoles in them to stiffen them up. Just bought a new pair this morning, in fact! Works for me.

I agree - stiff soles are better. I use my usual rubber boots and put superfeet green insoles in them to stiffen them up. Just bought a new pair this morning, in fact! Works for me.
I’m gonna give this a shot

Back