• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best camera arm

GrantEagle

Looking at all options for a quality camera arm. What are some I should look further into?

Avoid the Muddy ones like the plague. They are big, bulky, heavy, and most importantly the leveling is very limited. My choices would be something from Out on a Limb or Fourth Arrow. Both will have near unlimited leveling and pack much better. For strictly saddle you really need a triple arm, the longer double arms are too hard to swing under your bridge and tether.

I had a fourth arrow stiff arm & liked it a lot but never used it from a saddle. Main complaint was the base is bulky & loud & has a lot of fiddle factor. I have since gotten out of filming but if I ever pick it back up I will go with a small camera & probably the lwcg arm for its packability.

I just got the Fourth Arrow Talon Micro Triple arm but I'm just starting out my self. It's nice and solid and easy to setup. I tried a muddy a few years ago, just once too heavy and difficult to set up for me.

Fourth arrow talon is base is a beast. Not gonna get much better, but its huge and heavy. The micro triple arm was annoying with the way the arms are stacked. I traded it for a LWCG, can tell its going to be finicky to set up, but the packability means I'll use it more.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Avoid the Muddy ones like the plague. They are big, bulky, heavy, and most importantly the leveling is very limited. My choices would be something from Out on a Limb or Fourth Arrow. Both will have near unlimited leveling and pack much better. For strictly saddle you really need a triple arm, the longer double arms are too hard to swing under your bridge and tether.
I find a 2 section, one medium section and a small section to be great for filming.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I used a lwcg pocket arm last year. Have used my friends fourth arrow talon for a couple test sits and I definitely prefer the pocket arm. It's just more compact and is super easy to set up once you get used to it. The fourth arrow is a nice arm to just a lot more bulk and weight with more fiddle factor. Im using a light weight camera I think the fourth arrow might do better with a heavier camera but I never tested it.

I'm really liking my LWCG Pocket Arm so far. I had a Muddy Outfitter arm before, and it was massive. Cannot wait to get some field experience with the pocket arm. They're pretty expensive, but the packability is worth it for me.

Back