• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best Early Season Rubber Boot

jabraham63

Hey Guys,
Im torn between a few different models of muck boots. Looking for a good, lightweight, cool (as they can be) rubber boot. Let me know what you guys have!

Man I think you're about to get a lot of different answers on this one! I have had LaCrosse boots for the last 4 years and they are tanks! And trust me I rarely own footwear over 1 year or so.

I've had the academy brand swamp kings for coming up on 4 seasons......i do think this will be their last, if they make it through at all. I've done 14 miles in a day chasing hogs during small game. Comfortable, pretty light weight, no leaks......but you'll get sweaty feet. They claim to be moisture wicking. Moot point for me cause it's 90degrees and you'd be sweating no matter what your wearing

Used to have Mucks and switched to Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro because of so many holes in my Mucks' neoprene. Mucks are way more comfortable for me and the Alphaburlys are nearly impossible to get off my feet if I take in water over the top of the boot. Wish I would've bought another pair of Mucks. So comfortable and easier to take off.

Tingleys are super light and comfortable.

Keep your nose to the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

I'm trying these for the first time this year. Dry Shod, supposedly they are the original Muck Boot company. Apparently the original Muck Boot Co. was bought out by a conglomerate and the quality suffered??? So Muck isn't Muck. Dry Shod is Muck??? Whatever, I blew out my LaCross Burley's (uninsulated) for turkey season and picked these up for $80 cash. Its the Haymaker model. He said it is their older style. We will see how they fare this season. They are still China made though!!! But so is LaCross. Haymaker 1.jpgHaymaker 2.jpg

I used Lacrosse rubber boots for years - before I knew about muck boots. The lacrosse 'walk better' but the all rubber boot makes my feet and legs sweat. I've been using the Muck boots for the last few years and really like them. I can wear the same pair of boots from early season to late and my feet stay comfortable....My original pair of muck boots had treads that I wouldn't recommend - I think they are the field blazer model - the tread is not like a vibram sole but has ridges that run across the bottom...They can be very slick when wet - just make sure you get a pair with the 'vibram' or what I call a 'lug' style sole....

Tingleys are super light and comfortable.

Keep your nose to the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

I second this. The $30-$40 pair on amazon have held up extremely well for me.

Back