• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best historical weather resources

Jammintree

SH Member
I’m looking back at prior years trail cam pics and reviewing past experiences that I have documented in my hunting journals. It would be really useful to pair this up with detailed weather history. Have any of you found sources that are particularly useful for this kind of research?

I've used Weather Underground for historical data. It might depend on the weather station but they can get granular, like in 15-minute increments.

Now that I think about it, they might crib NOAA or FAA data. I don't know if it's easier (or worthwhile) to go straight to the source or just use the Wunderground.

Back