• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best knot for tying eyes into hitch cord?

scottprice

I have seen some guys use the poachers knot, but I’m wondering if there are other (better) options.

Planning on using a Kleimheist or VT Prusik on my tether. And a regular Prusik on my lineman’s belt (to sure why this site always rotates my pics)

Attachments

• 85B3A0B5-9DB4-45A6-A057-15AFC0695BF1.jpeg
    85B3A0B5-9DB4-45A6-A057-15AFC0695BF1.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I’m assuming you’re side loading that carabiner just for the picture right?

I’m with you, seems like poachers knot is the only option. I definitely prefer sewn eyes but haven’t found and with rope smaller than 7mm.

I’m going to use poacher knots with 6mm TRC. If that doesn’t work, I’ll stick with Beal jammy and standard Prusik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m assuming you’re side loading that carabiner just for the picture right?

I’m with you, seems like poachers knot is the only option. I definitely prefer sewn eyes but haven’t found and with rope smaller than 7mm.

I’m going to use poacher knots with 6mm TRC. If that doesn’t work, I’ll stick with Beal jammy and standard Prusik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yessir just for the photo. It feels rock solid and I threw an extra wrap into the distal for mental security. Still moved extremely easily when I need it to. Prusik on the lineman’s will have a tender on it

I might end up using the jammy and prusik for my linemans and tether. So far they are easily tended. We'll see after a few sits. Really like my OpLux tether and LB!

What is the knot that comes standard on the Kestrel lineman's belt?
I think they switched to a sewn eye prussik on the tethers and line man's belt based on the photos I've seen for this year's models. I could be wrong though as I haven't seen one in person.

Looks like they still may be using the Emerson 8 or 9mm cord though that was used for a Blake's hitch like last year's model.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Says 10mm for the cord, but I'm not sure that's right. Seems too big to work with Predator and I've ordered that cord from Wesspur and it said 9mm on the receipt they sent me.

DIY Sportsman uses a double fisherman’s termination on each eye in his LB video. It’s bulky but it works. I believe he shows it with a standard prusik and with a distel. I would use double fisherman’s to tie both tag ends together in a continuous loop for a klemheist. Tethrd’s LB and tether have this in their prusik.

Says 10mm for the cord, but I'm not sure that's right. Seems too big to work with Predator and I've ordered that cord from Wesspur and it said 9mm on the receipt they sent me.

I am using the Aero hunter eye to eye it on an 8 mm linesman belt with a 5 wrap VT knot and it works great. It doesn’t ‘look like’ 10 mm. Looks smaller in diameter than my 9 mm htp and I would have guessed it 8 mm but I contacted aero hunter and they said it is 10 mm. In any case it works great for me on my 8 mm linesman.

Back