• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best rope and where to get it for rappealing or SRT?

Mitchellfarmer1982

Think I'm gonna give this a chance. When looking for static kermantle rope I'm not finding any dull or hunting colors. I would also like eyes already spliced in if possible as I am ordering extra for a backup tether/linesman belt.

I have Sterling HTP 9mm from Treestuff. It's lime green and it's not splicable but can have a sewn eye. I am not sure I trust the sewn eye and it took 3 shipments before treestuff got the eye at 5 inches as I requested. The first two were so small I couldn't even get the tag end through them. I just bought Samson Predator spliced from Wesspur and it shipped the same day and was perfect.

I bought my SRT rope from Sherrilltree. If you want a streamlined rope without a knot, sewn eye is the way to go. I went with Teufelberger KMIII 9.5mm black rope with a Petzl small ring fitted into a tight sewn eye. Total cost for the 40' rope, ring, and sewn eye splice was $87 shipped, arrived in 4 days.
0128190642a-1664x832.jpg
Teufelberger KM-III

Great lightweight static rope with little bounce.

R and W
Sterling HTP by the foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no complaints but no real point of comparison.

Great service and nice rope. Like it more than predator and tethrd tope overall i think, even with the knotting.

Back