• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best Saddle For The Big Guy

Antique Archer

Big Guy here looking to get a saddle... Any suggestions on comfort and sizing? How long is the wait time on such an item or are they readily available?

What’s your height /weight & build?? It all really comes down to how your built through the hips/butt. That’s where the saddle goes anyway....

I am 6'3"/235 and have the H2. I have only used it a few times but no complaints so far but have never used any other saddle to compare it with..

I'm 6' 250 and have sat in 3 saddles (old school trophyline, wraptor and flex). Wraptor and Flex were very comfortable and the trophyline was very close in comfort. Hope that helps.

I was 6’1” and 298 a year ago. The Jx3 is the most comfortable I own but I didn’t actually hunt with it this year. I was comfortable enough with a much smaller/lighter package. It’s best to just get one and start using it. Right now you don’t know if you are a sitter or leaner. Will you hunt from a ros or platform? They will all be fairly comfortable for a quick sit to try it. To be comfortable for longer periods you have to learn how to setup/adjust and your body has to adapt. You’ll have to learn what adjustments to make and get in saddle shape before you can tell which one you like best. Even then you’ll have to spend several hunts in each one before a decision can be made as to which is best for you.

Back