• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best scent control brand

WayneCowhitetail

Hey I got a question have any of you guys tried phaZe scent control by illusion systems or the scent control by lethal products I've been using dead down wind for a little while with some success but was thinking about switching it up this year and wanted to know what's the best scent control brand.

I bought the complete package and have not tried it yet. I bought it after much review, I do like
that it is a system and covers clothing, body scent, a body moisturizer to eliminate dander and
also a foam to use while on stand to address and perspiration from your trek into your stand.
I hunt on a budget and could not afford a scentlok system. I am also converting to saddle hunting
this season, looking for more mobility. Good hunting !

If you think you can hide your scent from a whitetail, your only fooling your self.
For me it's more like masking as much as possible, using the wind, and being up high enough to somewhat disperse my scent. It does work for masking your trail in because I have witnessed it many times.

For me it's more like masking as much as possible, using the wind, and being up high enough to somewhat disperse my scent. It does work for masking your trail in because I have witnessed it many times.
I always use fresh cow pies to mask my trail if they are available, best cover scent I have ever used on my boots

I use the wind when I hunt and I just bought a bunch of sitka gear and was just wondering what the best gear scent eliminating detergent was but nevertheless I settled with elimishield after hearing some reviews but thanks for the info

I've used camo dust and I have had countless deer walk right under me and not act suspicious at all. Typically I keep my clothes in a bin. Gonna try using an ozone machine thing this year and see how that does.

Yes but worse case scenario everything else is at least as effective as playing the wind. It is kinda hard to beat free.
Dang right. Fact is here in these mtns you aint getting in without perspiration. Unless u a snail amd any red blooded hunter aint gonna granny walk a mile and half trying to beat daylight already gettin up hours before

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Haha, but I do apply it under my arms and on the front of my pants. But it’s helpful ,and we have killed several 150”-170” on public land with deer directly down wind. You can’t always beat the whitetails nose, but this has been the most helpful cover scent we have used.
Hope this helps some of y’all kill some more deer this year.

Back