• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best Standoff to Replace Muddy/API sticks?

steve-0h

So I’ve got 2 sets of muddy pros and a stick set of API’s... They both use the same standoff. I see a lot of folks complaining that they’re too close to the tree, so I’m looking I to replacing them. I do, however, like the fact that the standoffs that come with them rotate slightly to adjust to the nooks and crannies of different trees... I thought this was gonna be a downside at first, but after using them, I think it’s actually a plus. I’ve seen people’s complaints with fixed standoffs, like what come on Helium’s and even beast sticks (though the beasts seem to be highly perferred). My question is, what do all you DIY’ers think would be a good replacement standoff that gets further from the tree? DanO’s?... Lone Wolf?... Are both of those going to be completely fixed? Stick with the stock ones?

Thanks for your thoughts and input in advance.

So I’ve got 2 sets of muddy pros and a stick set of API’s... They both use the same standoff. I see a lot of folks complaining that they’re too close to the tree, so I’m looking I to replacing them. I do, however, like the fact that the standoffs that come with them rotate slightly to adjust to the nooks and crannies of different trees... I thought this was gonna be a downside at first, but after using them, I think it’s actually a plus. I’ve seen people’s complaints with fixed standoffs, like what come on Helium’s and even beast sticks (though the beasts seem to be highly perferred). My question is, what do all you DIY’ers think would be a good replacement standoff that gets further from the tree? DanO’s?... Lone Wolf?... Are both of those going to be completely fixed? Stick with the stock ones?

Thanks for your thoughts and input in advance.

EWO standoffs are great. Especially the newest ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did lone wolfs on all mine. That and EWO as mentioned is about the only options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing to keep in mind is that both the EWO and LW stand offs have a 1/4 inch bolt hole, but the API stand offs/sticks have a larger (3/8ths I think) bolt, so it won't be a direct swap out.

One thing to keep in mind is that both the EWO and LW stand offs have a 1/4 inch bolt hole, but the API stand offs/sticks have a larger (3/8ths I think) bolt, so it won't be a direct swap out.

Yep, 5/16. If I get em from DanO, I’ll have him put the right size hole in em. I’m wondering if they have any play, ie wiggle/slightly rotate, or if they’re completely fixed.

On the site, it looks like he has both the "standard" no wiggle/play and one with no tabs/ears that would allow for full rotation. The LW don't have any tabs either so they would rotate, but you would have to drill your own larger holes.

On the site, it looks like he has both the "standard" no wiggle/play and one with no tabs/ears that would allow for full rotation. The LW don't have any tabs either so they would rotate, but you would have to drill your own larger holes.

Thanks for the info/feedback. Good looking out

Back