• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best stick out there on a budget

Mattyq2402

I'm in the market, I saw trophyline has a first responder discount, I could grab four of their doublesteps for a good price. What other options are out there that are light, easy to pack, etc....

I believe it’s Timber Ninja you are referring to.
But they are not a budget stick. Your best bet is those on the trophy line site or finding some in the classifieds on this forum. If you can wait, I’m sure Tethrd will be dropping theirs soon for a summer doldrums influx of sales leading up to the season.

what’s your budget their guy?
You want new or used?
You want three step or two step sticks?
Full length or mini?
How many sticks do you want to carry 3, 4, or 5?
Are aiders an option for you?
How high do you want to get?
How tall are you?
Double step or single?
Made in USA or China?
Copy and paste this with your answers and we can go from there.

Budget 250
2 step, 3 to 4 sticks
Size- fit in large suitcase so prob mini
6 foot tall, like to hunt high, have to buy aider
Would consider used

I can get 4 tline mini double steps for $190. Looking to see if there is a comparable stick oit there with a deal like this

I believe it’s Timber Ninja you are referring to.
But they are not a budget stick. Your best bet is those on the trophy line site or finding some in the classifieds on this forum. If you can wait, I’m sure Tethrd will be dropping theirs soon for a summer doldrums influx of sales leading up to the season.
That's the one

Anyone have a recommendation for aider type for the trophyline doubles?

https://doublesteps.com/product/wire-rope-aider/

If you go wire

I prefer a simple webbing aider, you could with these one step ultimaider from EWOand you would have the ability to take apart or add together to make multi step aider if wanted. They aremore expensice then if you tied webbing knots but they are modular so you pay for that.

https://doublesteps.com/product/wire-rope-aider/

If you go wire

I prefer a simple webbing aider, you could with these one step ultimaider from EWOand you would have the ability to take apart or add together to make multi step aider if wanted. They aremore expensice then if you tied webbing knots but they are modular so you pay for that.
Do you use the aider for the bottom step only or take off and attach to next steps as you go? How do u keep from dropping other than being careful

Do you use the aider for the bottom step only or take off and attach to next steps as you go? How do u keep from dropping other than being careful
It’s what ever you prefer. Buying one versa aider that moves with you is a great option if you don’t want extra stuff on your sticks. The options I showed you are ones that permanently mount to the stick. The versa aider has a string and a carabiner that attaches to the saddle so you can’t drop it if that is your concern.

When I had double step novix mini sticks I ran a Versa Aider and it was sweet, weighs nothing, relatively cheap or DIY one similar, watch some YouTube videos on aiders, but for $30 or whatever I would buy a versa aider, plus back woods mobile gear has stuff on sale right now for the 4th.

Went with the Ultima, it looks good. I have some helium sticks but they are a little bulky, Likely going to grab the trophy line for traveling. I hunt coues deer on the az/ Mexico border and it gets hot so looking for light options

Back