• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best type of tree

I like Ash as the platform seems to set really well. Oak is my least favorite as the platform seems to kick the most on that bark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8000BE1C-2334-4957-B1DF-0823AE3312F8.jpegThis tree was so comfy lean against one big runner and prop up on another one. Had a 4 point walk right under me.

I love to find a nice straight red maple that grew 3 or 4 stems from a stump sprout. Get nestled right in the middle of them. Maples are easy and quiet to climb. I have a couple kill trees like that.

i also love trees that have "vanishing limb disease" - i just learned this term this weekend, had observed it in the wild prior, or those that just bend/break a bit to get out of my way... i never cut them... that's not allowed! and no, that's not sawdust trapped in my leatherman...

Last edited:
Back