• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best way to carry wild edge steps

Mike319

How does everyone carry there step out to your spot? Do you use the bag with strap over shoulder , carry them in a pack?

I put them in my pack for the walk in. Once I’m at my tree I take my pack off, put on the knaider/swaider, sling the steps over my shoulder to my left side, put my pack back on and start climbing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used them for the first time today and just carried them over my shoulder. It was ok but thought there must be a better way.

Yeah I’ve done it that way and i didn’t care much for it. There is a guy on here somewhere that makes a pretty sweet Kydex holster for them I’ve considered buying. I keep my knaider/swaider in the bag with the steps as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just ordered a kydex holster to hook to my Molle webbing on my pack and then transfer to my saddle at the tree. 48hrs after messaging @lhold450 they are sitting in my PO Box. Unfortunately I’m out of town for Thanksgiving and won’t be able to play with it until Monday. Here is his classified link.

Kydex WE style step holster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use them much anymore, but when I do, I carry 6 or 7. They go horizontally in the bottom of the cavity between the hybrid back and seat. I slide them out at my tree when I'm ready to climb.

When I hunt with my frame pack/kestrel, they go in the exact same location so that they can be pulled out without removing pack - horizontal in the bottom of the meat shelf.

You can see in this video, sort of, how I store them.

I strap them to the outside of my pack if I'm going very far, otherwise I justr carry them over my shoulder.

If I am using the bag, I use an oversized bag for the amount of stepps I'm carrying. That way I carry my steps, knaider, and linesman all in the bag ready to go. If I'm going over a mile I strap the bag to my pack. If not I just sling it. I hardly ever carry more than 10 steps though. Most of the time I'm carrying 6 weather I'm using a bag or a magnetic holster. I created the magnetic holster and it's great but the bag has its advantages as well and it suits the stepps well. If I am using one of my magnetic holsters, I either clip it right side up on my Yarak if I'm carrying maybe 4 or less with an aider but if I'm carrying more than that I'll mount it upside down on the pack so I can deploy the stepps without taking my bag off.

Just ordered a kydex holster to hook to my Molle webbing on my pack and then transfer to my saddle at the tree. 48hrs after messaging @lhold450 they are sitting in my PO Box. Unfortunately I’m out of town for Thanksgiving and won’t be able to play with it until Monday. Here is his classified link.

Kydex WE style step holster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What he said...

I carry them to the tree in my back pack, but it’s causing me to not like my back pack. I use the Scent Lok rogue, and its straps interfere in the loading and unloading of the WE bag full of stepps.

I use this fanny pack because I don’t like backpacks. This one fits 5 steps (in the WE bag) plus my 5 step aider perfectly. When I get to my tree I pull the WE bag out, and sling it over my shoulder, slide the fanny pack around to my backside and climb. My fanny pack, sys ES, and sys hauler carry everything I need until it gets to the low 30’s and need to carry clothing.

If I'm walking far I like to keep them in the bedroll straps at the bottom of my pack. For short distance I just put them over my shoulder.

I made a cotton duck bag oversized for ten stepps. Carry over shoulder. I couldn't deal w/ the bag being so tight I couldn't zip it up. This one works well. Can carry like a purse or strapped to pack.

I made a cotton duck bag oversized for ten stepps. Carry over shoulder. I couldn't deal w/ the bag being so tight I couldn't zip it up. This one works well. Can carry like a purse or strapped to pack.

I carry mine on magnetic holster via backpack or Fanny pack

Attachments

• 217F015A-86A3-4527-AD1E-B4C90A93664D.jpeg
    217F015A-86A3-4527-AD1E-B4C90A93664D.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 72
  • F944C51B-B86F-4CB1-AB73-F1A41481165A.jpeg
    F944C51B-B86F-4CB1-AB73-F1A41481165A.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 70
I use a tensing 4000 backpack. I iuse a 16 pack of stepps. Icarry my stepps in meat compartment on top of my kestrel with ropes out of bag. when I get to tree I take bag o stepps out and put 4 stepps on tree. put my kestrel on, tie backpack and bow on pull up rope put bag over shoulder and up I go.

Pack! I use the miltec small assualt pack, fits them perfectly. Short early season hunt I use a tactical messenger bag that I can fit 5 easily into, and it's easy to use while climbing!

Back