• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

?Best way to remove spurs after the climb?

Recurveaholic

How does everyone deal with their spurs after they climb while they are hanging? Platform seems to be the easiest way!! Please tell me I am wrong cause I love my spurs but I also love my ROS or bolts!

I haven't tried a ROS with spurs, but with a platform it's easy. Just kick the spike in where you can reach your foot and take them off.

Apparently you have to just kick the spur into the tree at about eye level so you can see to take them off. I think the biggest thing is to go ahead and climb above your ros and get tethered in. Then your free to kick,spin,flip, and flail about until you figure it out.

Just lift your knee up to comfortable height, plunge spur into the tree slowly and controlled, then remove spur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it might be my Bullman steps that make it harder! What kind of ROS are y'all using with the spurs?

Back