• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

better hook/ carabiner for 4 step aider.

Aleslin90

hey all,

with my 4 step aider that i am using with my primal steps, I had been using a carabiner to attach the aider to the crossbar of the steps. obviously this requires me to reach back down to the step to disconnect it and move it up to the next step. pain to do. I had seen a video on youtube, which the person had some type of hook instead of a carabiner. then he had a lead from the aider to his saddle. way easier! however, I can not find the video now. any information on what hook he was using?

Be careful with a fifi. They’re designed to be pulled loose using a line tied through the hole in them at the top. You most likely saw one of the vinyl coated hooks (typically used in ratchet straps)834C20F9-A92B-4C1D-ACAA-CC43DED17428.jpeg

hey all,

with my 4 step aider that i am using with my primal steps, I had been using a carabiner to attach the aider to the crossbar of the steps. obviously this requires me to reach back down to the step to disconnect it and move it up to the next step. pain to do. I had seen a video on youtube, which the person had some type of hook instead of a carabiner. then he had a lead from the aider to his saddle. way easier! however, I can not find the video now. any information on what hook he was using?
Were you talking about this video from Addicted Whitetail?
. In the comments section he says hes using a hook from a ratchet strap... probably similar to whats used on the knaider/swaider setup.Screenshot_20191004-154225_YouTube.jpg

Back