• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Big ball of fire

SNIPERBBB

Y'all got any strategies for dealing with that nuisance?

Think I'm gonna get me a set of ROS for some of my valley spots because you basically go blind for an hour when the sun climbs over the hills . Which is currently now hence the rant.

Guess I could slide my platform to the other side of the tree but it's such a pain once fully setup.

i faced that last night. Wind was from the west, deer were coming from the WSW, and the sun was in the W (surprisingly!). That half hour when it was at just the wrong spot was tough, so I used the brim on my cap as much as I could and slid around the tree a little. It obstructed a little of where I thought the deer would come from but it was crunchy enough I'd have heard them.

Just makes you stare into the sun with a saddle. Unless it's a really big tree.
I try to always setup so my strong side is where I expect my best shot opportunity and if that makes it wrong for the sun, I just suffer through it. The glasses post was sorta in jest as I just cant wear them in a tree cause I dont want to have to deal with them trying to shoot. Some spots on clear days just suck.

Last edited:
Y'all got any strategies for dealing with that nuisance?

Think I'm gonna get me a set of ROS for some of my valley spots because you basically go blind for an hour when the sun climbs over the hills . Which is currently now hence the rant.

Guess I could slide my platform to the other side of the tree but it's such a pain once fully setup.
I missed a 2 second shot window on some does yesterday for the same reason. Unfortunately I don’t have the ability to use ROS in this spot, let alone a stand for that matter. Most annoying.

7b97349ab6b64182e9ecf0a84d244bf9.jpg

Back