• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Big Game step mod for platform (pics)

scott77

Picked this up at Rural King for $15
-cut 5" off of top and bottom and welded back together
-moved the strap holder and cut the slot up higher
-added some tree gripper teeth (hopefully will hold side pressure good)
-will test out tonight on a tree at ground level
-this little sucker is light! (may not be large enough but we shall see)

additional thoughts or comments...…???

Plat5.jpgPlat4.jpgPlat3.jpgPlat2.jpgPlat1.jpg

I just had that same idea a couple days ago looking at those steps. Let us know how it works.

Just remember the main tubes that are keeping you up have been cut. There is also the force of the strap right by that weld. I'd cut off the teeth pieces and cut the teeth into the tubing and add plate over the weld to reinforce...... Or tubing sleeved inside with rosette welds reinforcing from the inside. That's some thin wall tubing to begin with.

And you may have done that but hard to see in the pic.
I'm interested to hear how solid it is on the tree

This thing is unbelievably solid. I'm 185 and it would not budge bouncing up and down on it. I don't have my saddle yet but I did apply a lot of side pressure while standing on it...and also tried shoving it sideways from the ground level....no movement. I'll do some more testing with it when I get my saddle in a few days.
Screenshot_20191009-224329_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20191009-224553_Video Player.jpg20191009_225451.jpg

I have the same, but I was going to screw in a piece of decking to the top to give a little more surface area. I thought about cutting them down, but I think I will keep it full length to allow for the gain in height.

Back