• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Black Friday Sales?

Ed91Cummins

Nov 12, 2019
I am planning to start saddle hunting next year. From past experience do you expect there to be Black Friday sales with saddles? Thanks

sojourner

SH Member
Oct 14, 2014
I doubt it. Hard to justify having a sale while it is hard to keep product in stock. I would wait until late or end of season and watch the classifieds. There has been a MASSIVE influx of new saddle hunters this year, and I would hazard a guess that there will be good sales on slightly used saddle equipment come late or post season.

But the classified sales now are being bought out at high prices by eager beaver newbies. After season, people are looking back at how much they overshot their hunting budget and are not as eager to spend more in Jan / Feb for something they may not use until fall.

That is my 0.02 cents. That, and a couple bucks will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

Reactions: gcr0003 and Bigterp

gcr0003

SH Member
Nov 1, 2018
I doubt it. Hard to justify having a sale while it is hard to keep product in stock. I would wait until late or end of season and watch the classifieds. There has been a MASSIVE influx of new saddle hunters this year, and I would hazard a guess that there will be good sales on slightly used saddle equipment come late or post season.

But the classified sales now are being bought out at high prices by eager beaver newbies. After season, people are looking back at how much they overshot their hunting budget and are not as eager to spend more in Jan / Feb for something they may not use until fall.

That is my 0.02 cents. That, and a couple bucks will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

Good news for myself and any other Alabama folk since the season goes to February. Might get in a saddle this year after all.

Reactions: Mzzy and sojourner