• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bob from Massachusetts

rutjr

Just wanted to say hi, I'm a total newbie. I was out hunting the other day with my pack attached to my treestand, and my treestand attched to my back which is uncomfortable to start with and the total weight is 47 pounds. I remember thinking I'm old and this is getting old, there has to be a better way. I'm a YouTube junkie and I caught a video of G2 Outdoors on saddle hunting and I was hooked. I watched every video on saddles and tree climbing methods I could find. I ended up ordering an Aero Hunter Kestrel and they said it should ship by 11/20. Now the wait. G2 Outdoors also strongly suggested SaddleHunter.Com, so here I am, a total newbie excited for all I have to learn. Anybody want to buy some treestands? LOL

Tried adding myself to the map, but it was flaking on me. There's a few Mass fellas even if they're quiet on here :D

How 'bout them Sox there Mass boys!

Vermonter up here in Red Sox Nation. Green Mountains and Green Monsters both turning out October delights!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome, I am new as well and also found this forum because of G2 on youtube. I ordered the Mantis also before ever coming to this site. I've read a lot and seen even more videos that I can think of. I can't wait for a saddle to arrive and try hunting with it. I have a summit which I love how comfortable it is but holy crap that thing is heavy (have bought the metal version). I'm addicted and haven't even tried it yet lol

Welcome, I am new as well and also found this forum because of G2 on youtube. I ordered the Mantis also before ever coming to this site. I've read a lot and seen even more videos that I can think of. I can't wait for a saddle to arrive and try hunting with it. I have a summit which I love how comfortable it is but holy crap that thing is heavy (have bought the metal version). I'm addicted and haven't even tried it yet lol

Exactly! I can’t wait to use it. I have plenty of time to get everything ready for its arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@blatallic and @rutjr , have you guys figured out your climbing system yet? I highly recommend taking your time to figure everything out and practice, practice, practice. A big help also is if you can meet up with someone that has done it. We held a little get together this past Spring at my club for about fifteen guys and even though only a couple of guys had experience, seeing things firsthand made a world of difference.

I started using the system in March and tried a thousand different things, attempting to figure out how to get it to work right for me. I also used the climbing system and saddle setup for all of my scouting and tree prep. By the time the season starts for me (Monday), I will have probably climbed 200 trees. How you get up the tree is critical. It was the hardest decision for me, figuring out what to use. I am very happy with my decision (WE Stepps with aiders). Knowing what to hook up and when is very important. You are dealing with multiple ropes typically, so order is important for safety, speed and convenience. Doing everything with all your gear on is also a game changer.

I use a sitdrag and rock climbing harness, but will watch how the masses like their new fancy saddles. I suspect that there will be a number of people who buy a saddle, try it twice, then say "forget this". I will probably buy one of their saddles :) Stick with it. It will be weird and probably frustrating at first but it literally is the best thing since the invention of the bow and arrow.

With all that said, when it is all figured out, it is super quiet, safe and efficient. Oh, and I think we will do another saddle get together in the Spring.
Pete

Back