• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bod harness/Molle seat

Cbigbear

Here is my Bod harness with added Molle waist belt & custom Molle seat. I've made a couple 20 min test sits. Pinch is minimal & I haven't played with bridge lengths or set height yet. I think I'll try & adjustable bridge.

Still need to get some biner & webbing, but I think I've settled on this basic setup. The total weight is 5.5lbs. I'll wear the harness & carry the Molle seat in a backpack with a mini LW stick.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 248
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 317
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 244
  • image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 244
Kinda sorta like my set up. Soon i am gonna build a better one. Its just gonna be costly. I am gonna have this petzle seat attached mid back to this turkey vest with nylon bungee straps. It will dangle about to my waist and i will be able to use it as a lanyard to free my hands and strap in tree. Then i will pull seat down and sit on it. Done! No hip pinch. No backpack. All my gear will fit in vest.

The word harvesting is for vegetables. i kill things.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1445909112245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1445909112245.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1445909120524.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1445909120524.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 251
Your 1.5lbs lighter and you added the yellow piece. Im scratching my head how you got it so light. Looks good. Can you share the source for the yellow piece?

The belt on my BOD isn't a Molle belt. It's a smaller & lighter - non-padded. If I remember right it was an air soft tatical waist belt, that has the option for an H harness.

The yellow is a rubber/plastic kids swing I had laying around. Just drilled a few holes to attach to the Molle belt.

That is a pretty cool set up. I really like the all-in-one option like the vest/seat combo.

What is your lead rope, it looks fairly thin? I have some ridiculously strong rope that I bought some time ago from a company that was going out of business, it is certainly a static rope - it can't stretch, and was principally used for making safety devices, not for specifically climbing. It isn't a kernmantle rope, the interior does not consist of individual strands of rope. I think it is about 8 or 9mm and it is probably stronger than my current 11 mm line. Since I don't haul too much stuff into the woods, I wasn't concerned with changing my set up yet, but your line looked thin, just wondering...

Thanks. I use an 11 mm line too, you line just appeared really thin to me when I first looked at the pictures.

Back