• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bolderton Climbing Sticks

No I've looked at them for months. They are foldable X stand mantis sticks. I liked my mantis except they didnt fold and were loud.

The tree bracket looks super cheapo garbage. Not going to work on some smaller trees. But otherwise I like what they did there.

I am a big proponent of folding steps. They just pack so much better than fixed.

Obviously very mod friendly, you could put those steps wherever you want.

Per stick price is a little more than Heliums but not much.

It does look like the XStand stuff. What is this bolderton brand?

Wow. Looking at those steps I'm super surprised none of the diy guys came up with that first. It's forehead-slappin' simple.

Better standoffs, some weight-reduction holes or thinner aluminum, and a little cutting and they'd be pretty sweet.

I watched them come into stock...They just seem too expensive for the weight/length(notice they're already short!) and would need a lot of work to make worthwhile... Just decided there are WAY better options.

@Nutterbuster Looking at the sticks, it seems that the main beam uses a 1:3 ratio on depth to width. I could see how using a standard 1:1 main beam would present a challenge for nesting the steps using the standard 1" square tube. Not all DIY guys go too far outside the box, and it seems this design is just barely passed that. Very neat design!

I didnt want to spend that kind of money on a step that i feel the hawk is superior to plus i have my LW sticks not 100% happy either lol

I would be curious to hear a hands on report. Reminds me some of the Hawk Razor sticks. Definitely would be easy to mod. I agree with some others the standoff looks less desirable then some but I am sure it would function.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just got a set of these, but haven't put them to use yet. I am waiting on my saddle so I have been using my climber still. I'll likely try them out soon to get some practice in.

Back