• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Boots made for walking

iamcorey

I’ve been enduring a $99 pair of cabelas rubber boots. I’d imagine they are close to 6lbs and I guess I got old over the summer. They are killing my sciatic nerve or something in my backside.

What’s a recommendation for something comfortable and waterproof? Waterproof as in walking in swamp water over the ankles.

Yes mucks are very comfortable. just make sure you don’t walk through any briars and don’t poke the sides with any sticks. I have Irish setter rpm rubber boots I love. I’ve had them for probably 4 or 5 seasons they are very light. Comfortable with my insoles in them. They are hard side rubber boots so the go through briars really well.

Well they may be discontinued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lightest boots I have ever owned are the pair of Tingleys I bought this year. You almost can't tell they are on your feet. You need to replace the insoles as the ones that come in them are junk but, after you do that they are pretty comfortable. And they are cheap.

I hate rubber/neoprene no lace boots so much, that I'd consider a tall "normal" boot that is waterproof and then run a waterproof sock as well (if I wanted to replicate a rubber boot) to back that up. Muck makes a tall lace boot that it waterproof from neoprene, but it has some leather sewn on top to hold the laces.

I hate rubber/neoprene no lace boots so much, that I'd consider a tall "normal" boot that is waterproof and then run a waterproof sock as well (if I wanted to replicate a rubber boot) to back that up. Muck makes a tall lace boot that it waterproof from neoprene, but it has some leather sewn on top to hold the laces.
Yeah, I second that. Went walking for about four hours this week and my mucks we're like a sleeping bag with traction. Keep a strong sock game, that really helps!!

I have been a Muck Boot guy for years. They just started hurting my feet and constant ripping the neo. I decided to give these a go and i can say I have been very happy and very very comfortable. Customer service is second to none, with Jack the owner of the US distribution emailing you right back. I paired them with a Wiggy's lamalite sock. I am comfortable scouting in the summer to sitting in a tree all day in the 30's. I did add a liner sock when it got in the 30's.
Viking Rubber Boots for Men & Women | Gumleaf USA

Not sure how they compare to the rest of the suggestions but I have been using Lacrosse alpha lites and alpha burlys for the past 3 seasons and am very happy with them. In the past I always bought the basspro, cabelas, or tractor supplies specials. These are a night a day difference.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

What do you all wear for socks in your rubber boot? Got a pair of Wiggy's socks on the way to try. Think they are geared more for leather style boots but curios how they will perform in rubber boots. Need a new pair and still trying to decide on what brand and style.

Back