• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow case

kelly.jayp

I need a new one. Compound bow. Curious what brands styles you guys like. I have a POS Plano that just doesn’t secure the bow and is huge and bulky. I travel 2-3 hours to get to my hunting spots and have to stay in motels so I transport it a good bit. Don’t anticipate flying with it so it’s just got a be safe in the truck. I like the idea of a soft case for the weight but need it to fit snug and have high quality padding. Have looked at SBX but they are heavy and expensive but look bomb proof - have looked at Legend but not sure about the straps to secure the bow. I’m basically completely indecisive right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a hard sided bow case. They are harder to travel with. But my bow stays secure and safe.

I use hard a case for the same reasons you stated. I had a soft case at one point but never used it. I also have had that crazy cheap Plano and that thing kinda worked. This year I went a looked at a bunch of hard cases and didint really like any. I did like a case Hoyt made that was kind soft and kinda hard but the price was insane. I ended up with another hard Plano. It’s very good quality. Can go in the back of the truck without worrying about it. I think I got it for around $80. I’m not sure there’s a case out there that I’ll ever be happy with.

73FFE9C3-C029-4A41-8068-5F6E3061000C.jpeg
D169119A-8B9A-435E-AC55-BB4C6068CF71.jpeg

I have an old cloth one with the egg carton foam stuff on the inside of it, It works fine, but not really durable. in fact, the zipper broke on part of it, so I have safety pins holding it closed when I need it held closed. I Normally just make sure it is loaded on the top and the wife is pretty good about not stacking stuff on it when we are loading up to head to deer camp.

I use hard a case for the same reasons you stated. I had a soft case at one point but never used it. I also have had that crazy cheap Plano and that thing kinda worked. This year I went a looked at a bunch of hard cases and didint really like any. I did like a case Hoyt made that was kind soft and kinda hard but the price was insane. I ended up with another hard Plano. It’s very good quality. Can go in the back of the truck without worrying about it. I think I got it for around $80. I’m not sure there’s a case out there that I’ll ever be happy with.

View attachment 6119
View attachment 6118
This looks pretty sweet, I love it. I will have to check this one out as well. Thanks for posting.
Dale

View attachment 6119
View attachment 6118
I've been using this one for years. It works great.

View attachment 6119
View attachment 6118

Saw that one too just hard time going with another Plano. Maybe I’m being snobby haha

No problem. Amazon prime has it now for $75.
Saw that one too just hard time going with another Plano. Maybe I’m being snobby haha

It's a huge difference from the cheap plano. I wouldn't fly with it but it is great for the truck. I think I bought mine for $100 years ago now. $75 is a steal.

No problem. Amazon prime has it now for $75.

Can you send me an up close picture of the tiedown straps on the inside and explain to me how they are attached to the hardshell? My old Plano the straps were screwed into a pillar post and the straps always ripped

Oh one more question guys with this Plano can you leave the quiver attached when you close the lid?

Can you send me an up close picture of the tiedown straps on the inside and explain to me how they are attached to the hardshell? My old Plano the straps were screwed into a pillar post and the straps always ripped

It’s the same. Hold on I’ll take some pics

So like @redsquirrel said it’s very different from the cheap one and I agree it’s great for a truck and will take a beating with no problem. This has the post you screw into and there’s a ton of post to set up how you want. I am in and out of mine a ton and use the straps for stabilizer, sight range finder, tool bag and bow. They get a lot of use and have never ripped. Here are some pics of you need anymore ask.
85D6D5E1-7D71-4161-9452-CCDC7C7B3EDE.jpeg

7FC10E0F-8586-4218-A3B8-688AF1FE96A9.jpeg
D7704C16-FBF2-481C-814C-2A4B7E811B13.jpeg
50452145-8982-473A-A3ED-9AC12C212DB7.jpeg
27783F62-595F-4366-AF01-672735DB057A.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh one more question guys with this Plano can you leave the quiver attached when you close the lid?

So mines left on but it’s a two piece. There’s two big posts that meet the top and bottom of the case that can’t have anything in the way. This is the only thing you have to work around when deciding where ton put all your straps for your gear. As long as a quiver can either fit around them or have post fit inside of it (hope that makes sense) it should work.

I still have that old Plano, same issues. Gave to to my daughter & got a new Lakewood case last year, hard but not like airline overkill case. Fave feature is sight, stabilizer & arrows in quiver all stay on , just grab & go!B1487583-FE4D-4395-A55D-853DB8A7A00E.jpeg

Am I the only one who still just hangs their bow and rifle in the back window of their truck all season ?

:) That being said I have the plano mentioned for my compound and it's a great case with good value.

Hahah... Mine ends up on the back seat for a few weeks along with random chlothes, boxes of ammo, weird food and enough empty cans of energy drink to kill a football team.

Hahah... Mine ends up on the back seat for a few weeks along with random chlothes, boxes of ammo, weird food and enough empty cans of energy drink to kill a football team.
My wife always gives me a hard time when she finds loose .22 cartridges in the wash. When I sold my f150, I found at least a box and a half of 12ga when I cleaned it out....anyone who broke into it on probably would have slowly walked away....watching over their shoulder.

Back