• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow hanger: Hero clip or Qlipter?

DC10

Is there a difference between the hero clip and the qlipter.

Assuming that there is, what’s your preference for using as a bow holder and why?

They are similar. Qlipter, if you can find them, are a little bigger. I believe the company only makes a few sizes of heroclips now (medium being the one usable as a gear hanger). The Heroclip (black) has more of a "C"-shaped hook for hanging gear, whereas the Qlipter (grey) is more "J"-shaped

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190624-180718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190624-180718_Gallery.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20190624-180721_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190624-180721_Gallery.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 133
They are similar. Qlipter, if you can find them, are a little bigger. I believe the company only makes a few sizes of heroclips now (medium being the one usable as a gear hanger). The Heroclip (black) has more of a "C"-shaped hook for hanging gear, whereas the Qlipter (grey) is more "J"-shaped
Have you used the hero clip as a bow hanger at all? Just wondering if the C-shape will safely and securely hold a bow.

Yeah, if you hang your bow via the cam, then yeah, it will suffice. I was always hesitant to hang a bow by its cams, so always preferred to hang by the limbs if possible... My single limb Elite Answer didn't hang as nicely as my split limbed Halon does, but they both work. If you could find either, my preference would be the qlipter.
If you use eBay, here is a link to a few that I have found (believe me, it took me some time to hunt some down after watching G2's gear hanger and wanting one of these over the Heroclip).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Qlipte...hash=item1cd27c672e:m:mB5RpKH4ChRSM79hOKPAmjg

I found the same color you linked to but the link you sent me gave options for different colors. I wanted a grey one and they had one left. Snagged it :)

Thanks for the link!

No problem... I camoform them anyways so I don't have metal on metal, so the colors didn't bother me all that much! Glad you were able to snag one up! I grabbed a few for myself as well - never know when I'll need a backup! :)

Thanks for the tip. Ordered a qlipter also, had to settle for blue. It's going to get camo fabric tape wrapped anyhow. It looks to me like the hero is a step in the wrong direction for shape.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have the hero clip. This thread almost got me to order the qlipter, but the madness had to stop. That is the madness w/in me. I'll be running a 'hero' but had this thread popped before mine came in ...maybe a different story :tearsofjoy:

Hawk hookster.
4c081f48864e009d9b02640cb3986683.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back