• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BOW HANGER PVC DIY

Okieoutdoors

Hi guys.

First post on the forum and first year saddle hunting. Still working on getting of making all my gear before season. I’ve seen a lot of people use a S-biner or clipper for hanging their bow. Do y’all find it wobbly when trying to get your bow off of it? I have been playing around with heating PVC and molding it to make other things (I.e. kayak handle, rod holders) and it works great. Retains all its strength. I though. Why not make a bow holder that attaches to your accessory molle strap. So here it is. So far playing with it on the back yard it’s been awesome. Doesn’t sag, no wobble and super quiet and easy to lift your bow in the crucial moment. I wanted to share the idea in case anyone found it useful. Took about 15 minutes to make with the right tools.

Now just need to paint it.

Okieoutdoors, thanks for sharing! Made one last night out of some spare parts laying in the garage and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah cheap and easy. Who doesn’t have some pvc laying around. And doesn’t add much weight.

Here was my solution to the more expensive Hero Clip

The oversized nite-ize plastic S carabiner was like $5 from Lowes or Home Depot. Remove one lock mechanism and hacksaw off about 1/2 inch to open gap and smooth with dremmel and sandpaper. Wrap middle of S biner with nite-ize gear tie (from the pile that you should have lying around) and then use 2 small zip ties to lock it in. When stowed you can wrap the gear ties around biner. When putting on strap, unwrap and form gear tie against the tree. I can take my bow on and off and it will rest in the same position because of the gear tie. I considered drilling through the S-biner to make it more streamlined but decided not to since it could cause a lack of integrity and could break the s-biner when loaded. With an expensive bow hanging on it, I'll take the small extra bulk of 1 nite-ize wrap around.

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4493.jpg

Options for hanging bow:

IMG_4499.jpg
IMG_4500.jpg
IMG_4501.jpg

Here was my solution to the more expensive Hero Clip

The oversized nite-ize plastic S carabiner was like $5 from Lowes or Home Depot. Remove one lock mechanism and hacksaw off about 1/2 inch to open gap and smooth with dremmel and sandpaper. Wrap middle of S biner with nite-ize gear tie (from the pile that you should have lying around) and then use 2 small zip ties to lock it in. When stowed you can wrap the gear ties around biner. When putting on strap, unwrap and form gear tie against the tree. I can take my bow on and off and it will rest in the same position because of the gear tie. I considered drilling through the S-biner to make it more streamlined but decided not to since it could cause a lack of integrity and could break the s-biner when loaded. With an expensive bow hanging on it, I'll take the small extra bulk of 1 nite-ize wrap around.

View attachment 16965

View attachment 16964

Options for hanging bow:

View attachment 16966
View attachment 16967
View attachment 16968
I did the same thing you did but instead of zip ties to hold the nite-ize I used electrical tape. Works pretty well

Sounds like there are a lot of us with more ingenuity than cash. Lol I'm Home.

Looks great by the way. I didn't like the idea of the biner moving around so much. That solves a lot of that.

Sounds like there are a lot of us with more ingenuity than cash. Lol I'm Home.

Looks great by the way. I didn't like the idea of the biner moving around so much. That solves a lot of that.

It’s also cool to just make things yourself. My dad calls me the project man. I’m always working on something.

Well ended up getting a oklahoma public land bear on my first bear hunt ever.

Attachments

• AEC60F49-4BFD-430C-B9DA-544484CC80DF.png
    AEC60F49-4BFD-430C-B9DA-544484CC80DF.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
Back