• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow Press & Work Station

Silvio

Well been busy putting together a bow press and mobile work station...should be able to build the press for less than hundred dollars. Fingers are being machined out of 7075 aluminum
20200712_215126.jpg20200712_215715.jpg20200712_220823.jpg20200712_221212.jpg
20200612_124718.jpg
There's a 3' acme rod...3/4 flange bearing, and a nut welded in a square metal tube. I put my BAP archery vise on this mobile work station which can be moved anywhere in my basement. I bought a small mobile vise last year but it was a band-aid or just something to get me by until I pulled the trigger with Butch@ Baker Archery products....its the best most versatile archery tool on the market.....

Last edited:
What is the tool in the background....2 white sliding towers mounted on the table....so kind of gantry for something?

You know us old guys that are critical thinkers are a dying bread....I always see something I want....but know I can make it instead of buying it. This sight helps the young guys learn different perspectives on DIY projects....hopefully they will want to learn

I just did this one. It's on a Husky cart with wheels. Built in workbench in the background before I put down a rubber mat on top.

IMG_1044.jpg

My buddy and I are looking to build a few presses. My biggest issue is the fingers. We have a CNC plasmacam here at the school we work at. Do you have a template for the fingers?

My buddy and I are looking to build a few presses. My biggest issue is the fingers. We have a CNC plasmacam here at the school we work at. Do you have a template for the fingers?
You can print this out to size...and use it as a template...good luck

Attachments

• 20200612_124718.jpg
    20200612_124718.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 15
Back