• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Brand New Podcast

Hey guys,

I've mentioned it a couple times but today it becomes official....I have a brand new podcast up that I'd love for you to check out! It's called Shedding Light Hunting Stories Podcast. You can find it on Itunes, Sticher, Google Play, Alexa, and Spotify. It's all about the hunting stories of the average Joe. There's a lot of podcasts that interview the tv guys and big names...and I love those...but I wanted to hear from the normal guys and girls like me who have jobs, families, and limited time to hunt. I also talk some about how faith relates to hunting. I've reached out to a few folks on here and on other forums and started collecting good hunting stories. My aim isn't to get into the "how to" or tactics of hunting. Rather, I just enjoy a good story. However, I think there's a lot we can learn from these stories too. While this isnt a saddlehunting podcast exclusively, I will say you guys make some great guests! I've interviewed @marko_mrko @spear0 and @DannyAttacksTheMountain so far. They did awesome! If you like it please help me spread the word by sharing it. If you don't like it, send me a PM and tell me what I can do to make it better. I'm brand new but having a blast.
4756d3a3da7e17f9180491348c9f2976.jpg
f38c0549c842248a7120689ebc9f8c3f.jpg

Just subscribed. I don't know how other people feel about this, but my suggestion would be to maybe keep it under an hour. I've gotten pretty burnt out listening to podcasts that end up being 2 hours long..

Just subscribed. I don't know how other people feel about this, but my suggestion would be to maybe keep it under an hour. I've gotten pretty burnt out listening to podcasts that end up being 2 hours long..

That’s my goal man. I feel the same way. I love those podcasts, don’t get me wrong but it’s very hard to listen to them all in one sitting. I originally planned to say 30 minutes or less. Then I interviewed my first guest and realized that might not always be possible, LOL! And I don’t want to end a good story if it’s entertaining. So 45 minutes is my limit. But around 30 minutes is what I’m aiming for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s my goal man. I feel the same way. I love those podcasts, don’t get me wrong but it’s very hard to listen to them all in one sitting. I originally planned to say 30 minutes or less. Then I interviewed my first guest and realized that might not always be possible, LOL! And I don’t want to end a good story if it’s entertaining. So 45 minutes is my limit. But around 30 minutes is what I’m aiming for.

Just try to keep the time length "organic" lol. I've heard podcast that should be 2+ hrs because its such good stuff but get cut short and others that should just be cut off after 30 minutes. Just go with the flow ;)

Nothing wrong with a 2 hour podcast, I usually don't listen more than 10 min at a time anyway. Maybe I need a longer commute?

I have a brand new podcast up that I'd love for you to check out! It's called Shedding Light Hunting Stories Podcast. You can find it on Itunes, Sticher, Google Play, Alexa, and Spotify.

Is there any way to check it out that allows downloading the mp3 file without signing up for anything? I don't want to give any of those outfits my email address or install their spyware app.

Is there any way to check it out that allows downloading the mp3 file without signing up for anything? I don't want to give any of those outfits my email address or install their spyware app.

Yes. Just got it up on our website. Go to shwddinglightoutdoors.com. The link should take take you to a spot where you can download it without signing up! Thanks!

I’ll check it out for sure, when you say “faith” what does that mean?

I’ll check it out for sure, when you say “faith” what does that mean?

That’s a good question. Faith is a broad word. For me it means a belief of a creator God and in Jesus his Son. Not just a belief but a commitment to follow Jesus. That’s the purpose of my life. This isn’t necessarily a “religious podcast” but I know some of that will come up. That’s kind of vague so I’d be happy to share more if you want to PM me.

Listened to a couple of your podcasts and I think they’re great. Looking forward to listening to more

Thanks for putting this out there. I'm a big podcast listener. I recently downloaded a great app called "Castbox" it's a great app that really organizes podcasts. I highly recommend it.

I've subscribed to your channel and look forward to all the episodes.

Back