• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Brand new to saddle hunting

Whitetail82

What’s up guys, I’m new to saddle hunting and want to get headed in the right direction. Didn’t want to spend big money till I tried it out so I already had a rock harness and I’m pairing the sit drag with it. Xop no longer sells the platforms for a DIY platform. I heard on a podcast that Ernie outdoors was selling them. What do they go for if still being made!? Thanks.

I dont know that they're still being made, since Ernie is now the guy in charge of shipping trillions of predator platforms. The old xop/lone wolf platforms sell for slightly less than the new predator ($150) on the classifieds.

X2 - can't go wrong with the Predator. XOP/LW platforms are not as cheap as they used to. There are other DIY platform ideas out there - check out the scooter platform, but not always easy to source the platform itself.

Welcome. There are many different options for platforms. When I use a pivot platform it’s the predator. It’s just too easy to setup and transport.

Welcome. You came to the right place for experience when it comes to all things saddle. Now.... will that be cash or charge?

Xop no longer sells the platforms for a DIY platform
I am researching for an XOP platform, and I found this thread. So can you not use this to make the platform? Similiar to Dave's video from 2017? I ask because I have an XOP lock on that I am thinking about taking apart for a platform. Thanks

I am researching for an XOP platform, and I found this thread. So can you not use this to make the platform? Similiar to Dave's video from 2017? I ask because I have an XOP lock on that I am thinking about taking apart for a platform. Thanks

I used that seat and post, works great. To get it the way I wanted required a couple mods. I have a diy on it. Doubles as a stick carrier both from truck to tree and tree to hunting height.

Welcome from Louisiana.
Thanks! I'm right above you hunting south Arkansas and the Ouachita Mountains.

I used that seat and post, works great. To get it the way I wanted required a couple mods. I have a diy on it. Doubles as a stick carrier both from truck to tree and tree to hunting height.
Thanks! I think I am viewing that thread, but I can't see the pictures. Is it the thread where Dave posts his youtube video? Or is it a newer thread?

Welcome from Ohio
Where about in Ohio? I’m in south western pa only about 30 minutes from eastern Ohio border. I’d like to find someone close to me that would be willing to let me check there saddles out before I fully invested

Where about in Ohio? I’m in south western pa only about 30 minutes from eastern Ohio border. I’d like to find someone close to me that would be willing to let me check there saddles out before I fully invested
I'm in central Ohio. Medina county

Back