• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Brandon Delger 2019 buck

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
Here a note and pic from a fellow hunter in Michigan

Hey John,

Just wanted to send you a message of thanks! I have been hunting since I was 10 years old, mostly in box blinds that others built, and spots that had "a lot of deer". Although I consistently harvested many does and small bucks, it just wasn't cutting it for me anymore. I was under the belief that you had to be very lucky to harvest a mature buck in Michigan. I met someone who you know that is a very accomplished hunter and outdoorsman, who introduced me to your books and articles on your tactics, which he had also used to become successful in consistently harvesting mature whitetails.

In the spring of 2018 I hit the woods to scout hard, and to my amazement, found several large rubs and a primary scrape area on a piece of property that I had been hunting and had permission to hunt since I was 10 years old. This particular Newaygo, MI parcel is 60 acres in size, and has 9 other hunters that hunt on it fairly consistently. The surrounding properties are also pressured through most of the archery and gun seasons. That year I harvested my biggest buck to date, over a primary scrape, using the tactics and spring scouting finds that I had learned from your books. Aged at 4.5 years old, and scoring 121.5"

Brendon Delger – Newaygo Mi.

Attachments

• Brendon Delger 2019 buck.jpg
    Brendon Delger 2019 buck.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 28
Back