• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge and tether system with 9mm HTP

mhc223

Okay guys so I just put in an order for a Mantis and plan on using sterling 9mm HTP for both my tether and linemens belt. I was going to also go with a kong duck for both. My question is is it worth getting sewn eyes? I think I'm definitely going to get at least one on my tree tether for sure. But for a backup loop to clip in the carbiner would just a figure 8 due? What about for the linemens belt? How much bulk is it going to add?

Yes a figure 8 on a bight will be fine and is the preferred knot with tethers and flip lines. A sewn eye will save space. Splices always do. How much depends on what your putting them in.

Yes a figure 8 on a bight will be fine and is the preferred knot with tethers and flip lines. A sewn eye will save space. Splices always do. How much depends on what your putting them in.

Yeah just dont know if it's worth the 15$ or 30$ for the little space it will save.

Also I'm in need of 3 carabiners. I'm thinking the wildedge one(pretty sure its autolocking) would be nice for my swaider. Should I get another autolocking one for my lineman belt? Dont really see the need on my tether. What's everyone using with the kong duck?

With a Kong duck you'll definitely need an oval carabiner. The typical pear shape is a huge pain to use with the duck because it won't rotate around in it. I use the madrock oval something. I like madrock carabiners because they are slim and lightweight and still rated around 24-26kn. As for the splice is it worth it? Depends on the person. I personally like them but with my 8mm oplux I don't think they are necessary because the knot is so small

With a Kong duck you'll definitely need an oval carabiner. The typical pear shape is a huge pain to use with the duck because it won't rotate around in it. I use the madrock oval something. I like madrock carabiners because they are slim and lightweight and still rated around 24-26kn. As for the splice is it worth it? Depends on the person. I personally like them but with my 8mm oplux I don't think they are necessary because the knot is so small

Yeah I was really looking at getting th 8mm oplux but I cant find anywhere to buy it buy the foot. Theres rumors wild edge is gonna come out with one with sewn eyes....probably expensive though...

Looks like I can get those mad rock carabiners in an auto lock version, oval tech twist, for $12.55...the wild edge ones are $20

Yeah I was really looking at getting th 8mm oplux but I cant find anywhere to buy it buy the foot. Theres rumors wild edge is gonna come out with one with sewn eyes....probably expensive though...

Looks like I can get those mad rock carabiners in an auto lock version, oval tech twist, for $12.55...the wild edge ones are $20

I have some oplux available by the foot(up to 40’).

Back