• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge length

Deerkins

what is the preferred bridge length for kite saddle? I did my first hunt a few days ago and feel my Prussic and /tie in point is too far above me. I am thinking about reducing the bridge length, but don’t want to cut unless certain thats what I should do. Thanks

what is the preferred bridge length for kite saddle? I did my first hunt a few days ago and feel my Prussic and /tie in point is too far above me. I am thinking about reducing the bridge length, but don’t want to cut unless certain thats what I should do. Thanks

Your bridge length all depends on your comfort level. Some guys prefer 25” while others prefer 36”. The longer the bridge the less hip pinch. In my opinion, I would re tie the Predator to the desired length before cutting. With colder weather coming into play you may need an extra inch or so for added layers of clothing. Another option is making the bridge adjustable by using a ropeman or a prussik on your bridge. (Always back up your ropeman or any mechanical device with an appropriate hitch above it)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I just made me one from predator rope and 8mm prussic knot. I made it long enough I can adjust it out and wear over back of my neck while walking in and out of woods.

The answer to this question will vary depending upon the individual set up. Things that will affect this primarily are....are you a leaner or sitter, do you have a platform, what height are you attaching your tether.

I have a Kestrel, I use a platform, attach my tether around chin height and prefer a 24-25" bridge. I almost exclusively am a leaner.

If you having difficulty finding what length bridge you need, make an adjustable bridge and play with different settings. You will eventually find out what works best for you.

Good luck.

This one is adjustable from the stock mantis to almost 40 inches. Will try it and see if it helps. I have a feeling will be a sitter and a stander. Because I will do both in a lock on.

Attachments

• 66CFCD9C-30CB-466D-8A94-9CE3A299B19F.jpeg
    66CFCD9C-30CB-466D-8A94-9CE3A299B19F.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 35
bridges are funny. I used to run an adjustable bridge, but I found I never adjusted it. Seems like that's the case for most guys. After you get in saddle shape, your bridge length becomes less important. I like a 30" bridge, but I think I could be just as comfortable in a 24" or 32" bridge.

bridges are funny. I used to run an adjustable bridge, but I found I never adjusted it. Seems like that's the case for most guys. After you get in saddle shape, your bridge length becomes less important. I like a 30" bridge, but I think I could be just as comfortable in a 24" or 32" bridge.
For now I trying to figure out what I like or want. I don’t know if I am a sitter or leaner or anything just learning and hunting at same time.

Back