• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge Question from a Newbie

jmbknvc

Got a surprise today, when the rest of my order, minus the platform, showed up at the office today. So, I figured I would add the accessories to the Mantis saddle when I got home this afternoon. Was attaching the Mantis recliner and noticed that the Amsteel blue bridge is flattened out on the side that appears to go through the carabiner? Now there is no sign of wear, fraying, or damage to the Amsteel. Just wondering if that was normal?

Flat in the middle, and thicker/rounder on the ends (where the splices make it bulkier)?

@Kurt Yes, the bridge. Not sure or not if the image below shows flattening of the Amsteel. The splices are good and the rope past the splices are good. It is just a couple inche either side of the center of the bridge. Look at the bridge below the "D", it seems to show what I am talking about.

20181102_152824.jpg

It's hollow core so I'm guessing that you can flatten it. It is still very strong unless the fibers have been cut or degraded some how.

Back