• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge questions

twobiscuit

SH Member
If you had a choice on your bridge, would you like it fixed on both sides or fixed on one side with a carabiner on the other? I just got my new saddle and it's an adjustable webbing bridge that's fixed on one side and I'm not sure if I should have e went fixed on both sides. I'm brand new to the saddle game. My thought is the carabiner is gonna be one more thing to make noise. What are the experts opinions?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don’t like a carabiner in my bridge. I don’t mind leaving it attached the whole time. Does not bother me walking in or anything.

At the moment I am using a tubular webbing bridge, tied with a water knoton one side and a 4000lb slider (from DanO) on the other. That’s because I am playing with different lengths. OnceI find the right length I am just going to replace the slider with a water knot.

No carabiner for me. The only benefit I see to having a caribiner is for putting the saddle on. Pretty minor benefit compared to what I gain with fixed, which is more bridge travel, less metal, and a clinched bridge on the loops.
I run 2 sliders simply to avoid stitching but knots may be better...haven't tried tied webbing yet.
Adjustable bridge length is nice for dialing it in, but I doubt very many guys change the length once they figure out what they like.

@Nutterbuster had a video where he showed a detachable bridge which convinced me. I girth hitch a 24 inch Dyneema sling to my left bridge loop and girth hitch a small carabiner to the other end of the sling. I like a short bridge so I pass the carabiner through my right bridge loop bring it back to the left bridge loop and go through then clip the carabiner to all the bridge strands on the left side and lock the carabiner. Here it is in the tree. I don't have a more detailed pic. I can put on the sitdrag/belt without stepping through anything.

I have a carabiner on my kestrel’s webbing bridge. It doesn’t make any noise. I unclip/clip it a few times every hunt, and fold it into my pocket while I walk in. I especially like the ability to have it unclipped while I ascend my sticks so it doesn’t catch.

I like a rope bridge. I have a sewn prussik on one side too. If I want to adjust to get perfect position I move the prussik up. Also if you want to rapel down it helps to have a shorter bridge so that your rapel device is in your face instead of above your head.

I have one side girth hitched with a carabiner and a schwebash with a small tender on the other that gives me an adjustable bridge. Its pretty nice because I can unclip it and daisy chain it and stuff it in a pouch on one side. Also, it gives me a little extra wiggle room for single sticking!

So what about an adjustable bridge that is a little longer but you can adjust it
Is that the ticket??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help. I think I'll leave it as it's for now and have it professionally sewn later if I don't like the carabiner.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back