• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge redundancy?

Patriot38

Sep 24, 2018
Victoria MN
Has anyone tried adding a strand of amsteel inside a nylon bridge just as a safety?
This season I'm going to utilize my linemans belt as some form of an extra safety line. I figured why not? It's an extra rope that I have on me at all times. I usually take it off and store it away. It could be used as a secondary bridge or tether.

JOHNNYMCMAHAN

SH Member
This season I'm going to utilize my linemans belt as some form of an extra safety line. I figured why not? It's an extra rope that I have on me at all times. I usually take it off and store it away. It could be used as a secondary bridge or tether.
I run my lineman belt as a second bridge slightly looser than my amsteel bridge, so they both slide nicely in my carabiner. I also have the tag end of my tether (overhand knot) clipped onto my biner as a backup should my ropeman fail. May be overkill, but I like redundancy.

Reactions: Patriot38

Psomeone

Jan 8, 2019
Central NY
I run my lineman belt as a second bridge slightly looser than my amsteel bridge, so they both slide nicely in my carabiner. I also have the tag end of my tether (overhand knot) clipped onto my biner as a backup should my ropeman fail. May be overkill, but I like redundancy.
Everyone's got opinions (Lightweight crowd to the Conservatives), Like the Idea. I'm not a weight freak my grounds are literally 300 yards out my back door. Even so for a bit of safety I'll carry the weight. But your right already have the linesman why not use it.
MY DIY is rigged is going to take the tag end and clip onto the Belt. (good picture here of someone elses I'm going to steal https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/it’s-aliiiivvveeee.17208/#post-245865)

Reactions: JOHNNYMCMAHAN

firehunter

May 31, 2019
Bristol, WI
Great video love his stuff. Thanks hadn't seen this one. Amazing what some material holds up too.
Still like redundancy 20+ off the ground.
And there is nothing wrong with that. I just wanted people to see how strong stuff actually is. Me personally I am fine with the single tether and bridge. Last year I sat 20ft up on a tree stand supported with two straps and relied on one rope to save me if that failed. I have a lot of faith in my gear and if something where to happen well then it was my time for it to.

firehunter

May 31, 2019
Bristol, WI
Everyone's got opinions (Lightweight crowd to the Conservatives), Like the Idea. I'm not a weight freak my grounds are literally 300 yards out my back door. Even so for a bit of safety I'll carry the weight. But your right already have the linesman why not use it.
MY DIY is rigged is going to take the tag end and clip onto the Belt. (good picture here of someone elses I'm going to steal https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/it’s-aliiiivvveeee.17208/#post-245865)
I wish I only had 300 yards to go. I have to hunt public so it can be quite a hike for me.

Psomeone

Jan 8, 2019
Central NY
I wish I only had 300 yards to go. I have to hunt public so it can be quite a hike for me.
Spoiled, Rotten! Around me public land is scary to many weekenders that will unload 15 rounds at a running deer. First year Saddler here, loving it during practice sessions, still feels really weird hang out. I understand how safe they are, just the comfort blanket thing till I really settle in. But way more comfortable than my cheapo hang ons & way lighter. So yes as I get used to the system I'll probably chill out a bit.

Reactions: firehunter

firehunter

May 31, 2019
Bristol, WI
Spoiled, Rotten! Around me public land is scary to many weekenders that will unload 15 rounds at a running deer. First year Saddler here, loving it during practice sessions, still feels really weird hang out. I understand how safe they are, just the comfort blanket thing till I really settle in. But way more comfortable than my cheapo hang ons & way lighter. So yes as I get used to the system I'll probably chill out a bit.
Yea during gun deer the public here can get interesting. But for archery it is good and I rarely see another hunter. When I first got in the saddle I felt comfortable and secure even leaning out and spinning around the tree. I used to do high angle rescue so dangling from a rope is fine with me.

philhair

Nov 4, 2019
i run an amsteel bridge on my sit and drag then single line from my rch to the tree in the event my sit and climb fails