• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge Rope

Garrymny

I just ordered 25 feet of amsteel black 7/64. Only cost $5.50 at ripstopbytheroll. I hope this is the right stuff, seems cheap. I'm New to this.

Pretty sure most here will tell you that 7/64 is too small for a bridge. You're going to want 1/4.

you can get away with 3/16 amsteel in my opinion, but red beards right about the 7/64. You'd realize it once you got it in your hands. Although it's strong I wouldn't trust my life with it at 25 feet.

7/64 is too small. Even hanging in the tree sometimes I will get to looking at the 1/4" amsteel and just feel like it looks too small, even though I know it would hold a small truck up there with me. Really I try not to think about it too much otherwise I would probably freak myself out.

7/64 is too small. Even hanging in the tree sometimes I will get to looking at the 1/4" amsteel and just feel like it looks too small, even though I know it would hold a small truck up there with me. Really I try not to think about it too much otherwise I would probably freak myself out.
I got it today. You're right, too small. I thought it was 7/16" when I ordered, but then realized it was 7/64.

Back