• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge spreade

big jerr

Feb 23, 2019
Has anyone else tried putting something at the bottom of the bridge to spread it open to keep it from pinching your hips.i tried it tonight and it seamed to help

TNSTAAFL

SH Member
May 16, 2018
It's funny, I was just wondering about this idea while hanging in my short bridged Kite tonight.

It seems that my low tether preference using Oplux and Beal Jammy (which is awesomely compact btw) really shortens up the adjustable bridge to the point of some hip pinch. The jammy just seems too long. Maybe I should cut/mod it.

Aeds151

Aug 16, 2018
It's funny, I was just wondering about this idea while hanging in my short bridged Kite tonight.

It seems that my low tether preference using Oplux and Beal Jammy (which is awesomely compact btw) really shortens up the adjustable bridge to the point of some hip pinch. The jammy just seems too long. Maybe I should cut/mod it.

Im with ya. I got the 50cm and its stupid long and too hard to tend. I went back to ropeman1 but having the dumb long jammy, it makes it easy to back up RM1 with beal and still adjust the RM1 before bumping the beal. It feels like just yesterday the oplux beal jammy was the next best thing. I feel silly drinking that coolaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNSTAAFL

SH Member
May 16, 2018
Im with ya. I got the 50cm and its stupid long and too hard to tend. I went back to ropeman1 but having the dumb long jammy, it makes it easy to back up RM1 with beal and still adjust the RM1 before bumping the beal. It feels like just yesterday the oplux beal jammy was the next best thing. I feel silly drinking that coolaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the 35 cm jammy and it is still too long
I do love the Oplux though. What a major improvement over the standard sized ropes used for most tethers. My Oplux is 7 oz. My old tether is 17.5 oz and way more bulky.
Anyway, on the actual thread topic, I wonder if anyone is using some kind of spreader to minimize the hip pinch the OP asked about (assuming that lengthening your bridge is not an option).