• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge squeak help

cmcclain88

As I looked into saddle hunting I decided that the idea looked like it would work, seemed to be more user friendly, and a lot less weight to carry. As I gathered info from all you fine folks here I decided that I would build my own. The problem that I have had is that when rotating hips left or right I get a squeak, kinda sounds like a turkey Yelp as the webbing slides on the carabiner! Anyone else experience this? Solutions! Really would like to stick with webbing, but am willing to switch bridge material if that’s the only option. Thanks for any and all help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I looked into saddle hunting I decided that the idea looked like it would work, seemed to be more user friendly, and a lot less weight to carry. As I gathered info from all you fine folks here I decided that I would build my own. The problem that I have had is that when rotating hips left or right I get a squeak, kinda sounds like a turkey Yelp as the webbing slides on the carabiner! Anyone else experience this? Solutions! Really would like to stick with webbing, but am willing to switch bridge material if that’s the only option. Thanks for any and all help.

Can you post a pic of the inside surface of your carabiner (where the bridge rests/slides)? It seems like squeak is from friction and friction equals wear.

Can you post a pic of the inside surface of your carabiner (where the bridge rests/slides)? It seems like squeak is from friction and friction equals wear.

ca5acb26e32948a77dcd143a5abd8ab4.jpg

Seems that it only squeaks when it’s pretty cold, there are a couple small spots that I will smooth out with a file and sand paper

Seems that it only squeaks when it’s pretty cold, there are a couple small spots that I will smooth out with a file and sand paper

Could be the spots. It sounds like its from the metal vibrating in the cold. I personally use a rope bridge and have had a tubular webbing bridge before and I'd never go back to webbing. Not that I ever got any squeak out of it.

One of the instructions that the original Trophy Line saddles came with was to periodically rub paraffin wax into the webbing. Maybe that would quiet your squeak? Try it and let us know how it works.

One of the instructions that the original Trophy Line saddles came with was to periodically rub paraffin wax into the webbing. Maybe that would quiet your squeak? Try it and let us know how it works.

Will give it a shot, thanks

Back