• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge too long

Hurtm3

I finally got a chance to hang in my aero hunter saddle today. My question is it seems my bridge is a little to long. I have to place my tether about 3 feet above my head standing on my predator platform. All the YouTube videos have people putting it about eye level. Anyone else have this issue?

I finally got a chance to hang in my aero hunter saddle today. My question is it seems my bridge is a little to long. I have to place my tether about 3 feet above my head standing on my predator platform. All the YouTube videos have people putting it about eye level. Anyone else have this issue?

I recommend adding a prusik knot to your bridge and girth hitching it to one side. Then re-tie the other side. This makes it adjustable and allows you to find the sweet spot of comfort.

I actually tie mine so that is girth hitched on both sides so that it stays in place better.20190318_204421.jpg

I'm a new saddle Hunter this year. Don't have a clue whether I'm a sitter or a leaner, or how long my bridge should be. I just watched this video and that's my adjustable bridge right there!

I shortened the bridge on my Kestrel a lot. I had the same issue you described and had to tether uncomfortably high.

Things got a lot easier once I shortened it. Took a little trial and error and re-tying in the yard, but I'm much happier with it now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I recommend adding a prusik knot to your bridge and girth hitching it to one side. Then re-tie the other side. This makes it adjustable and allows you to find the sweet spot of comfort.

I actually tie mine so that is girth hitched on both sides so that it stays in place better.View attachment 11213
Would that work on the mantis' amsteel bridge?

Would that work on the mantis' amsteel bridge?

I don't think so. You would have to remove the Mantis bridge and add a rope bridge or copy the adjustable amsteel bridge that comes with the new Phantom.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll look into the H2 bridge as a replacement.

Back