• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

broken XOP standoff. does anyone have extra?

hickstick

Tonight cam'ing over my platform, I guess the rope was too tight and I snapped the stand off. these look like XOP stick standoffs. on the XOP site it looks like they only sell the 'batwing' 6 point bracket. does anyone have any extra stick standoffs?

20191123_183315.jpg

I could be wrong but they don’t look like the XOP standoffs from my sticks. The xop’s don’t have a cut out to form around the I beam. The batwing does I think but the ones on the sticks don’t. I could be wrong on different models. Just my two cents.

I ordered the 6 point standoffs, a camstrap and a steel versa button from XOP....of course I just got notification that the versa button was the only thing that shipped :( the one thing I don't need right away (planning on flipping the seat to the bottom of the post an adding the versa button above it to make it easier to hang....but was going to finish the season with the current configuration once I got the replacement standoffs in.

So it looks like new stand offs wont be in time sometime next week at the earliest. I'd really like to use the platform for my all day sit on friday, ....does anyone think it would be an issue if I cut off the non-broken stand off leg, and swapped the 2 stand offs so the good one is at the top (closer to the attachment point) and the broken one is at the bottom?

1574784163824.png

That should work in a pinch - might end up breaking the other one though, but doesn't hurt trying it.

will definitely be testing it at just above ground height before I put any side pressure on it. :) I'm also going to ditch the whoopie and use my cam buckle strap from my Leverage sticks. I think the reason I snapped the standoff is I was getting frustrated trying to adjust the whoopie and put too much 'ompfh' into camming the seat down.

@JWP I dont think it's a LW because there is a recess where it attaches to the stick so it's fixed in position. If I remember correctly all the LW stand offs rotate so the can accommodate funky shaped trees.

It is XOP and they no longer sell them. I have one extra one and would sell it to you, but it is the wrong standoff for a platform as discussed above.

Thought about that too @ImThere wondered if the shortened bracket for then effect side pressure tho.

Thanks @DanO. I've already ordered the 6 point brackets from XOP...they just wont be in in time for me to close out the Archery Season here in MA. (Saturday .....then its shotgun & muzzleloader for the rest of the year.)

So I cut the other side of the broken standoff and even ground a couple teeth in to each end. The put that on the bottom and the unbroken standoff on the top. Tightened everything down an put on the leverage stick cam strap. Soooooooo much easier to set. Adjust and cam! Threw on my kestrel and danced around on it, simulated shots from all angles....Rock Solid!

So much easier to take those 4-6 o'clock shots than the ring of Stepp ladder steps ice been using.

Back