• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Browning Trail Cameras

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Very disappointed in Brownings recent camo choice. These will definitely draw unwanted attention. I sent the video link to their customer service. if you agree a thumbs up or comment, if we get enough of them, might wake someone up over at their HQs?

They look like they've been hit by too much sun and faded to weird gaudiness.

It’s anti theft Camo...no self respecting camera thief will admit to stealing one of those

I’ve taped the glass and spray painted a few cameras before. Usually blends better than any factory camo. But yeah, that sucks from the factory.

I have a Command Ops from 2016 or so. Great camera, same deal, it looks like crap. I used a black and brown sharpie to make a ghetto asat and it's a little better. Their higher end cameras there's not excuse. I don't know why they try a camo print, everything prints weird on plastic. Just use a textured brown plastic and call it a day.

Lol... either find a tree with a bunch of lichen on it or find a beech tree.

I have to say longest running game cam I ever had was a Browning I won in a turkey contest. It ran 8 yrs never being brought in. Bought a new one last 13 months. Now I just buy cheep Amazon cams. 40 bucks and some have hit the 2 yr mark. Trick is make a Gorilla tape "visor" to keep top seal out of weather.

Guys if you can like the video (add your comments to video would be even better)- Browning has already contacted me - this way it will be more than 1 person complaining.

Last edited:
I bought a box of 4 Browning from trail cam pro 2 years ago. I had to return one of them for warranty. The replacement looks like the one in your vid. They are a little too bold, and bright. They need muted a little.

As much as the camera sticks out, I’m more than willing to paint them how I want them to keep on running Browning’s. The camo is about the only complaint I have had with them in 4 years of continuous use. Hopefully they tone down the colors in future models, but any cams y’all don’t like I’ll take off your hands!! Haha.

I did see that browning will be releasing a cellular cam this summer that will allow multiple cameras on one data plan, regardless of where they are placed. That sounds pretty dang tempting to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Their new camo sucks and it fades within 6 months. I have not found a good paint that doesnt stink and also doesn't chip and fade

Last edited:
Their new camo sucks and it fades within 6 months. I have not found a good paint that didnt stock and also doesn't chip and fad.e

I agree with you that camo sucks. You shouldn’t have to spend more time and money to camo a trail cam. That being said if it were me I’d just stealth strip them. Not sure how the strips would hold up but that’s what I’d do.

Maybe the animals don't care, maybe they do, but it looks like another good reason to hang them high up rather than spending valuable field time messing with making them invisible.
not worried about deer as much as I am people

I haven’t lost one yet in 4 seasons.
I don’t run nearly as many as a lot of you guys, though.

....................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Back