• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bubble level fell out of sight

melocal

Had the bubble come out of a new TR sight yesterday. Hadn't even had a chance to put it on my bow. Is this something where I can just slap some fletching glue on here and be done, or should I talk to TR about this?

Kind of irritated considering how much these sights cost.

1C0B25C8-DF70-47A1-A205-6B75BD745881.png

Fletting glue with fog what it touches on the level. Did that to my older sight. Where glue rose up it got foggy

I’ve used super glue to put mine back on before. Just have to check to make sure 3rd axis is ok after you put it back on

If it was me, at this time of year I would send it back to the company to replace it. No need of such shoddy workmanship in this day and age. Where are they manufactured? China? You paid big bucks for that sight so there's really no excuse for that to happen.

I'm left handed so I have had to flip several sights in my day. the first thing I have to do is pop the bubble out and install on the other side. I use the gorilla glue made for plastic. It's like a sex change... there is no going back. Just make sure your bow is level and then level the bubble. I second checking 3rd axis, it makes more of a difference on sights with longer dovetails but it's easy to check and a minute change makes a world of difference.

Back