• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BUCK POOL AT WORK

WISCO

Its getting to be that time of year. I run a buck pool at my work. We have one for the bow season and rifle season. We score inside spread and total tines. Entry fee is $5 for each category. We keep entry fee low to get as many people involved as we can, more for bragging rights. We issue everyone a playing card out of the deck and ask for it to be in the picture. Just another reason to motivate you to get out in the woods. Does any one else have a buck pool at their work ?

I like working in a place with few hunters. That way, there is no battle for vacation time in November.

That's one perk about being one of the only hunters. I put my vacation days in at the very beginning of the year. I've been at my job long enough everyone knows ill be taking dates off for deer season. Perks of seniority.

Last edited:
I work in tech and lots of people in my office do not hunt. I think 4-5 of us out of 100+ do. However, I have brought in venison bologna and smoked cheese multiple times. My buddy at work brought bear bologna. Those people might not be interested in hunting but they understand it and eat it more times than not now. People I never imagined would try it, opens the door for them to see that stereotypes they have arent always founded in stone. The wife told me that up until she met me the vision she had of a hunter was not what she got. Its our job to break the sterotypes and if we can help do that at work even better.

I work in tech and lots of people in my office do not hunt. I think 4-5 of us out of 100+ do. However, I have brought in venison bologna and smoked cheese multiple times. My buddy at work brought bear bologna. Those people might not be interested in hunting but they understand it and eat it more times than not now. People I never imagined would try it, opens the door for them to see that stereotypes they have arent always founded in stone. The wife told me that up until she met me the vision she had of a hunter was not what she got. Its our job to break the sterotypes and if we can help do that at work even better.
So she was expecting tall, dark and handsome? Lol!

I like working in a place with few hunters. That way, there is no battle for vacation time in November.

Same. Most of my coworkers are female. A couple of them hunt but not seriously. There are currently a couple of guys that hunt but most aren’t using vacation time for it. I’m fairly high up on the seniority list as well.

Dang near every person at my company hunts. From the owner to the lowest person on the ladder. I’ve got 16 years in so I get my week off whether someone else wants it or not. We all bust a** through the summer and get sorry as hell once second week of September gets here.

Back